2 Foals for the O'Clay Corral

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foalfan

Reaction score
I would like to introduce the 2 newest members at the O'Clay Corral.

Our first foal of the year is Chip, born in May measuring in at 17.75"

His registered name will be O'Clay Corrals Life of the Party. He was born on a Saturday morning while we were getting ready for our son's graduation party. We try to socialize the foals early and boy was this colt socilaized! We had 40 or so guests peeking thru the fence at this little guy on the day he was born.

It's time to get the registration paper work into AMHA and AMHR before the foals go on sale.

So....I would like some input on Chip's color, sire is a silver bay pinto and his dam is a black pinto. He looked silver black as a newborn but he now is getting a reddish tint. I am starting to think he is silver bay. What do you think?

P7140029.jpg

Our second foal is Vixey, she is 3 weeks old and is almost a carbon copy of her dam. Vixey measured in at 19.5" when she was born. Vixey's dam is our "Hoover" eating everything in sight. She passed this trait to her filly. Vixey was up and nursing in under an hour.

P8040023.jpg

Good luck to everyone still on Mare Stare!

Congrats on your two cuties! :aktion033: I think the colt still looks silver black.

Impossible to judge colour on a clipped animals- do you have unclipped pictures??

The second foal looks Black base to me.

Here is a picture of Chip unclipped.

Not a huge difference.

P5200054.jpg

Thanks for the replys!

I guess it's time to pull out all the registration paperwork :eek:

Karen

Back