2-4 month old orphan rescue

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maranatha minis

Reaction score
I rescued a 2-4 month old BIG colt a few weeks ago, i have been told by several "big horse people" that he is a thoroughbred or at least part. he is huge, legs 3 feet long. he is so sweet and needy. I have big hopes for the littile guy one day. I am hoping since i have raised him form such a young baby we will have special bond. I hope to someday ride him and us make a great team. he is eating grain very well but wont touch milk replacemnt, dry or in liquid form. he is thin but doing well and so sweet. i will keep his progress posted and amybe get some pics of him.

shelley<><

Shelley --

I'm hand raising a colt who was rejected by his dam. The milk formula powder actually says to look to wean them totally off the replacer at 8wks. He's 7wks old now and only gets two cups over very diluted milk powder 2x a day at this point.

So, if this new boy of yours were mine, I would feed him plenty of complete junior feed (like Purina Equine Junior) and soft, tender hay.

Good luck with him!

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
PS you may also want to try mixing the milk pellets with the Purina Equine Junior like 2 parts PEJ, 1 part milk pellet. Trooper would eat them that way but man he loves the PEJ much better now w/o the milk pellets.

thanks, i just hate to see him so thin, but he was playing some today so i know he is feeling better. i will try the pellets i had the powdered milk replacement.

You know you cant post this without pictures of your little begger right? C'mon, wheres the pictures?
default_wink.png

Hi Shelley,

Glad to hear your guy is doing good. Have you named him yet? And I agree with others...we need pictures.

Latest posts

Back