11/2/05

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deaming of Minis

Reaction score
Sadly we had to put our horse Red down.
sad.gif
He lived a happy life with us. He was an ex ranch horse bought supposedly at age 9 (maybe older) but he had gone blind in 04' by a branch scrapped his left eye. Not one dime into him for vet bills in till in 04' and $1500 later we decided to leave his eye alone. His eye was fine but he was lame and could not be ridden (a broken hip we guessed or he had hurt it someother way). He was a pasture horse nothing more with his pal Pj (my horse). He had troubles getting up and down and how it would have been horrible for him to go down this winter and not get up. So we made a decision to put him down (it was very hard, but suffering would be worse). He died over 20 years old (being on a ranch I think also add years to his age) a loved old fella. By his masters (my father) side he past away. So run my friend! Run over the rainbow to meet our other pets! I shall miss you!
bye-sad.gif
crybaby.gif

In memory of Red our best friend.

03'

PicsStephsBirthdayandOthers070.jpg

PicsStephsBirthdayandOthers045.jpg

05'

2005summer139.jpg
2005summer085.jpg

everyone-left to right-Forest,Decker, Red,Pj

2005summer073.jpg

also in memory of our cat Scotty died the same day of age 23

4H2004andothers002.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]I'm sorry for your loss...
cheekkiss.gif
I hope you find peace soon.
[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]What a grand ol' gentleman!
yes.gif
Sorry for your loss!
sad.gif
You gave him your final act of kindness!
[/SIZE]

Bill

sad.gif
Your horse and your cat! But how many can say they had an animal that long! From the pictures he certainly lived in luxary! He's up there greeting all the other horses and I bet he can see them all with two good eyes! Sleep tight Red. Maxine

no.gif
at least they both can be buddies! I am so very sorry for your losses! when my mare goes its going to be VERY devistating, and I am 100% sure I will have to skip school for a week!! I hate to even think about it, but it will come, and its not to far away
no.gif
no.gif

-Gage-

He was a nice looking guy. I am sorrry for your loss.

Ginny StP

What a glorious old man. I'm so sorry you had to make that decision, but we can only do what we feel is best given our limited (and very human) knowledge. I'm sure he died knowing he was loved and cared for. You have a beautiful and colorful herd there!

And 23 is venerable old age for a cat. Scotty was gorgeous and will be missed just as badly as Red.

Leia

I am so sorry. You did your best with him and loved him as much as any horse would dream of. He is now running free and in his prime of life once again.

It takes alot of courage and love to let one so loved go to be free and whole again. I'm sorry for your losses.

So sorry for your loss, I understand what a hard decision it can be. I had to put our 12 year old Golden Retriever down yesterday. Maybe Maggie is rolling on her back, talking and smiling, under Reds feet like she used to do with our horses.

Hugs to you and your family. I know that decision is not an easy one to take but you were thinking of his wellbeing and I applaud you for that. You put his needs before your emotional needs and I am sure he is thanking you for it. I also have a "vintage" buddy in my pasture right now, she will be soon turning 29 years young but unlike your guy she is able to get up and down. She does try to "run" with my other arabian and saddlebred and when she does that she will favor her right front leg for a couple of minutes and then that disappears... so I guess it's not her time yet and I am going to be extremely careful with her this winter, she won't be outside unless I am around. But the minute that she starts to drop weight and nothing I do helps her or if she shows constant lameness, than I will have to put myself also in that very diffucult decision.
no.gif

Your 23 year old cat had a WONDERFUL life, wow, I don't think I have ever heard of a cat living to that age. I also am a cat lover
wub.gif
Bless you and your family during this difficult time.

What a hard day that must have been for you! I bet they keeping eachother company on the Other Side.....

Blessings,

MA

Thank you all for your wonderful support in my time of need.
wub.gif
I hope that some how I can return the great jesture of kindness.
yes.gif

What a sad day that must have been. They both were beautiful animals. Sorry for your loss.

Latest posts

Back