pregnancy pics of my mare Star, we are getting close, WE HAVE WAX!! Now we have FOAL :D

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congratulations on your beautiful boy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything is goin well now. Star is milking well, and that little colt is indeed drinking. And runnin, bouncing, kicking and being wild. And curious, and fearless. Full of life. It´s almost 6pm here, and it´s been so hectic, I´m even not eated anythin today myself! Well, horses are okay, and one of chickens had some babies too.

More baby pics! They are all so cute!

Mireo Cerhas Falma 7.JPG

P4301068.JPG

Congrats! The quicker you can get him and mama together the better for the foal. mamas influence will be very important for him and if you wait too long they will never bond. YAY I just saw your update as I was typing this lol. CONGRATS

Many congrats on your fabulous little colt - looks as though he's really pleased to be out of the confines of Momma's tummy at last!! So glad the feeding has now sorted itself out, thank goodness that you were there to take care of his early hours of milk supply!

Love the baby chicks - so fluffy and very cute!

ps. I would remove Star's headcollar as soon as you can - too many accidents have been recorded with new babies and headcollars left on their Mommas - not worth the risk IMO.

Oh and enjoy a good meal yourself and a good night's sleep tonight!! Again, many congratlations!
default_thumbup.gif

yep, she has no headcollar, just was when needed to milk her and teach little boy to boobies after bottle. Too hard when she was free to move however! That picture is taken pretty early today, at the time she still was in pain and littlebit agry to the foal. I´m happy that the colt learned to milkbar fast. no more bottlefeeding, yay. Ican make food for my self and sleep littlebit! After little hectic morning, very god day.
default_thumbup.gif

LOVE those little chick pictures too! Lots of new little ones at your place! So glad everything worked out with the nursing -- great news!

Now go get some food and some much needed rest....if you can pull yourself away from that cute little boy!

Star become painful again at night. She was just like she would gonna do another foal, pawin, up and down, rolling.. Glad that it went over guite fast, maybe couple hours, but i really gont kow what a helck is/was wrong with her. Vet told just walk with her as i called him and told what was goin on. Some painkillers, parafine (even she is pooping pretty ok, but I was relly scared thet she had colic, because she already foaled). She has normal temperatuse, butt and vulva just normal, boobs normal.. So that was like goodbye sleeping last niht too! Sure hope she wont come painfula anymore! She looks like she is okay, but she sure looked like that yesturday too and at evening she was like she was..

I hope that Star is feeling better this morning? I really dont know what to suggest as far as the reason for her pain episodes. Pain relief is a must for some mares after foaling, for a short while the pain of everything 'inside' returning to normal - especially when the foal drinks - can be quite severe. Are her droppings passing easily or are they quite hard'? What are you feeding her - have her feeds been kept really soft/mushy since foaling? Is she used to eating grass - if so she may benefit from the chance to have a graze - is your weather suitable for her and baby to spend some time outside?

I'm a little suprised at your vet's reaction - I know that mine would be knocking at my door whether I called them or not, if I had a mare in trouble so soon after foaling! If she continues to suffer these pain spells then I think you should insist on a vet visit as soon as possible. Mares that are continuously in pain can have difficulty in bonding properly with their foals.

But I'm hoping that she's feeling better by now. Good luck.
default_yes.gif

She is okay now, maybe she had sligh colic or something. Everything is ok now. Here couple pictures from today, as they werw oustide littlebit.

He is so cute. Mane and tail color is lovely.

Keisari 1.5.14.jpg

Keisari 1.5.14a.jpg

Keisari 1.5.14b.jpg

Keisari 1.5.14c.jpg

So glad that your panic times are over and that Star is now back to normal.
default_yes.gif
They can be such a worry cant they?

What a gorgeous little fella - looks as though he may end up a similar colour to his Momma. Keep the pictures coming please!

Yep. Daddy is silver dapple, but this mare has her all foals like herself. no matter stallion.

Foal is scared of nothing, very brave and curious. He could run like forever, bucking and jumpin and kicking. I´m happy with this little one, and Star aint worrying anymore. I have to go work again tomorrow, so I have liks six hours to sleep now. Really should go to the bed now. And what do I do? Watch barncam because I just want to.. Lol. Really stupid.
default_whistling.gif

He's quite the handsome little boy, and looks quite "full of himself" as all colts do! So glad momma is feeling better and things can get back to normal for you. And yes....barncam's are addictive!

Color experts here?

Is he chestnut like his mother, or maybe he be silver bay (daddy silver black)?

He has darker eartips, silvery mane, tai white and gray, gray on his butt and hir forehean can ce seen grayish on the "bottom" hairs?

kokoylä.JPG

koko sivu.JPG

OMG! he's cute. He sure looks like he could be silver bay. Perhaps daylight/outside pics would help, when that's a possibility.

Once he's outside and you can get some daylight pictures perhaps we could tell better. But my guess is that there is "silver" at work here, based on his mane and tail colors and what appear to be silver hairs throughout. He's a handsome boy!

Latest posts

Back