pregnancy pics of my mare Star, we are getting close, WE HAVE WAX!! Now we have FOAL :D

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
280 pics (or 310?).

Looking very mutch same as before. Plenty of time to wait.

s280.JPG

t280.JPG

just adding 290 pics, nothing happened really. Star looks same as before. I thiIts early spring now, she has done summerfoals before, so it´s the weather, cooking longer..

s290.JPG

t290.JPG

Okay, it´s 300 days now! Star has foaled before 316(?) and 299(?) so maybe we are getting near? She does not look like it.. What say you?

Poo is softer today, like cow poo. But it may be because we got new horse to our stable today, the stallion we are going to use this summer (he is not mine, just lives here for a while).

e300.JPG

s300.JPG

t300.JPG

vii300.JPG

Still looks as if baby is riding 'wide' and not yet into position. But remember, that can change with a few good rolls!

She's looking good! How is her udder and vulva color?

No udder, but has not done udder before foaling with her first two pregnancy (now third). No change on vulva color. Before has not shown an singns at all, so maybe she wont at this time either. Now just eating her hay, i dont think she is gonna foal yet. (but Star´s foals were '"suprise" to previous owner too, and she is waaay better looking sings than me!)

What a cutie! I don't have the experience with the smaller minis. My Shetland mares are always HUGE before they foal... Even our maiden mare last year bagged up quite nicely before she foaled...

Looking forward to seeing your new foal!

310, no foal. Maybe this one takes longer than the first two foals of Star.

Pictures, again, propably she will take it the long way this year.

e310.JPG

s310.JPG

t310.JPG

She's looking very good. You said she foaled at 316 days before, and one at 299? She's moving forward, but not quite there yet. But everything looks good!

Yep, I think she is gonna carry this one little longer. It´s early spring here, before she has foaled in summer, so it is colder now. Takes longer, maybe. Younger mare has ben now with stallion, and she was in season end of the last week.

Here is the mare (black) and stallion (brown) I´m waiting foal next year.

Next year I have 2-3 mares foaling if everything goes well. This spotted-spotted pair, and another spotted mare with pinto stallion, and maybe this Star with spotted stallion on picture too.

Cindy ja Avatar 5.4.14a.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds exciting for next year, too! And you know I LOVE the SPOTS!!!!

Keep us posted as things progress!

I can see changes in Star from your pics - she looks wider and also there is an increase in her tummy underline from the side-on pics. Looking good for a 'normal' pregnancy instead of her usual shorter one?

Love your spotties - good luck for next year.
default_yes.gif

Okay, so the one who owned Star during her firts two pregnancies, said this mare does not make udder before foaling.

We have liiiiitle bit of udder development now!

Moving forward, day after day, but it´s still good to see some changes too.

First pic is from 270, and second is from this morning, 311.

u270.JPG

u311a.jpg

Well, she is building an udder, but with her history, she should be watched all the time, as she sounds a bit sneaky!

Some serious changes now!

Vulva pics like couple days ago and NOW!

Belly pic too, just taken. Not so huge change on belly, but under the tail is like huge.

v226.JPG

v311a.JPG

vs226.JPG

vs311.JPG

s311.JPG

t311.JPG

PERFECT!!!! And momma looks more slab sided, so it appears baby is lining up for delivery! I think once baby moves a bit forward-of-center, she'll be good to go. And that can happen with a few good rolls!

Can't wait for your announcement!

Looks as though things are moving towards go!! Good luck, keep aclose eye on her with that past history!

Inside of her vulva is changins more red, not so pink. Makin udder too, slowly, but making. Looking better than yesturday, because she has slight increase on udder and color of vulva is more red. So we have more hints of foaling than before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back