pregnancy pics of my mare Star, we are getting close, WE HAVE WAX!! Now we have FOAL :D

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going backwards now. Vulva again light pink, and tight. Foal is still moving little, not mutch. So.. Not yet, but sooner or later she must foal..

Don't let her fool you. It will be soon, I think. Just keep a close watch, because things can change so fast at this stage.

Belly shape better now? more dropped? Udder small, but better than before. Vulva again and still pretty tight.

I have not felt foal moving for couple days now, so maybe she/he is taking go-position?

s315.jpg

u315ab.jpg

/monthly_04_2014/post-45515-0-64621500-1396767315_thumb.jpg/monthly_04_2014/post-45515-0-52266800-1397116183_thumb.jpg

Looks like a few less wrinkles, so a little progress. Hopefully, she'll keep making steady progress on this udder. But watch her for sure, especially with the history you say she has.

Perhaps you could take a picture of her backside, so se can see her elongation, and maybe one looking down her sides from the back. That would help!

still waiting. New pics, 320 days. Going back and worth, lookin good and not so promising.

Someone said, good is worth waiting. Thia is now her longest pregnancy, so maybe, since we have to wait longer, this foal is her best. XD

s320.JPG

t320.JPG

v320a.JPG

u320a.JPG

u320t.JPG

She just needs to drop that baby a little further forwards and fill that udder and she will be good to go - could be a few more days yet or it could all happen very quickly!! But she's certainly not far off foaling.
default_yes.gif

For sure! Keep close watch!!

A friend of mine in New York just lost a little filly this morning. She'd been up for 2-3 days with the little momma -- who was a very experienced mare -- and at 3:30 am, mom was eating her hay, and just standing resting with her hind leg stretched back. She thought mom was just resting, so she went inside to catch a little sleep. BIG mistake.

Thank goodness momma was a VERY experienced mare having had many foals and was good and stretched out. Baby was a red bag, and at 6:30 am she found mom still munching her hay, with the baby laying at the stall door with the full placenta on top of it. Too late to save, but a good lesson to learn. Never take any behavior for granted. When they're close....they can be sneaky !!

Happy foaling!

Getting closer!

Tried to do milk test/drop test. Ph is below 7 and ca over 300 (300 is max with my test and goes over). Milk is sticky, little thick, bland as taste (was yesturday, but today even stickyer and thicker, yesturday was like watery)

So here pics. Vulva Guite tight, but i did take pics outside and she is there with another mare and stallion, so maybe she just makes it more tight sometimes, usually has been relaxed and long like for a week now.

s329.JPG

t329.JPG

u329at.JPG

u329ab.JPG

mph329.JPG

m329.JPG

Looks like once those nipples are filled and baby moves just a tad bit more forward, you'll be playing with your little one!!

Foal just don´t watn to come out. nope. Milk ph still about 6.8, very stiky, little more white. Belly is like more to the back now, not forward. Has been since yesturday night.

So, maybe I can go work tonight, not losing my mind and she will foal like sometimes in the future (now 330, last record was 316..)

s330a.JPG

She could drop from that 6.8 extremely quickly, and everything else points to a foal any minute!! Hope you have someone who can stay besde her while you are not there??

I'm expecting an announcement in the next 24 hours or so!
default_yes.gif

It has been 6,8 since yesturday. Still is. 25hours now for sure. Have to go to work tonight, but I´ll have someone watch for her. Same tomorrow, but dont have to be so long day on work.

Something like cowpie-looking poop now. But she has had that before too. Udder little smaller today than yesturday. s330.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like she isn't too far off . Great news someone can watch her whilst you are working. It will happen very quickly , so a full time watcher is now required . Best of luck , looking forward to hearing of an arrival
default_smile.png

So glad you can have someone in attendance with her now. She's looking ready, and a drop from 6.8 can happen very quickly. We had one drop from there and foal in less than a few hours. She can "hold" at that number, but it isn't worth the chance to leave her unattended, IMO.

Expecting an announcement VERY soon!!

Not yet.

Udder is smaller. Like sad small. I´m losing my mind. Ph is dropping slowly. Poop is normal again. Vulva pretty long, but as she wants, she tihgtens it well. She makes this long way..

Pics today. I´m not happy how she looks. :D

So, still waiting and loosin my mind specially on work.

mph331.JPG

u331a.JPG

u331.JPG

s331.JPG

v331.JPG

I wouldn't worry about her udder - she has plenty of space/development there to enable it to fill as she foals. Will she let you look at the colour inside her vulva - changes here to a deep red could be your final indicator. Try not to get too frustrated - mares just LOVE to feel our frustrated vibes LOL!! She IS ready to drop and she WILL be having this baby VERY soon!
default_yes.gif

Well, she has not shown any marks of foaling before.. not udder or anything.. vulva color is pretty normal inside.. Her previous owners have not taken ph, so maybe that is the hint for us now..

Sometimes i think maybe she is just fakepreg. But the foal movement and kicks have been so clear so i´m just frustrated little.

Propably she will take this veeery long way. 331days now. Before she has foaled 316 and 299 days, so we are takin long way already.

Hello Chilam (and all),

I'm new to the forum - but greatly appreciate your diligence in keeping this thread up to date. All the photos you have taken are very helpful. I have a lot of experience with foaling full size horses, but this season I have a mini foal coming (due date May 10) - will be only the second mini I have foaled. Your pictures and updates have been a great source of info and guide - so thanks. I'm sorry this one is testing your patience so much, but look forward to seeing the baby!

Her elongation looks good, but I think baby needs to move a bit more forward. Some good rolling will help that process, so I think you are in the range to be watching steadily, as she could choose to go whenever she decides it's time.

We feel your frustration --- so you are among friends!

ph 6,4 or less. and here photos, 332 days. She is holding on. Kinda looking better than yesturday, but.. I dont think she is gonna foal yet..

s332.JPG

u332b.JPG

ut332.JPG

v332.JPG

vs332.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back