PlayTime Minis - Finished for 2013; See you in 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a shedding blade on 10 month pregnant Dancer yesterday because she is rubbing her hair out anyway! I think the mare will let you know if she doesn't like it and I can't imagine that it will hurt the well-protected fetus.

New photos. First is Raven at 323 days.

2013march23rdmares 002.JPG

Tried to get more of her other side and from behind but she moved but I got a bag photo.

2013march23rdmares 008.JPG

She had some loose poop today. She's still eating well and acting like her normal self.

2013march23rdmares 011.JPG

Next is Sweetie at 309 days.

2013march23rdmares 012.JPG

Her roaning is becoming more and more visible every day. I think she's a pretty girl but I'm her Mama.

2013march23rdmares 013.JPG

2013march23rdmares 014.JPG

Sorry for the blurry photo. Hope you can see.

2013march23rdmares 015.JPG

2013march23rdmares 017.JPG

Thoughts, suggestions anyone? Thanks in advance for all your help! I'm watching them both closely and they are stalled at night.

Raven fidgets when I try to take photos. I was surprised I got such a good bag shot. That's great news that they are making steady progress. I shall breathe a sigh of relief! Thanks!

I'll see if I did any better with these pictures. Raven at 325 days.

2013march25thraven 001.JPG

2013march25thraven 002.JPG

2013march25thraven 003.JPG

2013march25thraven 004.JPG

2013march25thraven 007.JPG

Looking good yep on the progress, raven should be showing her lil surprise soon by the looks....
default_smile.png

Nothing this morning. Will let you know how today goes and thanks so much again!

Well, nothing is going on with Raven still. I'll get photos today. I put her out, she rolls and then wants to come right back into her stall. Could be the cold weather we're having or maybe she just wants to be in her spot because she's getting ready. At this point, I'm hoping she holds until April Fool's Day
default_yes.gif

It's day 328. How does everyone survive this waiting game?

The waiting IS very stressful. That is why this forum is so great because the people on here KNOW how stressful it is and what you are going through. Once the first healthy baby arrives you will see the stress melt off.

Also, eating lots of chocolate helps.

Hmm, I think I'll use all this waiting as an excuse for indulging my chocolate cravings and my pants getting tighter.
default_eat.gif

Our first warm day, in the 40s, sun is shining. I turned Raven out this morning and she's been fine, wandering around with the mares. I sat down for lunch and saw out the window she was at the top of our pasture laid out flat and all the mares were standing around her watching her. I panicked, ran up the hill with visions of a baby being born in the field but she wasn't giving birth. I put her in her stall and I'm headed out to watch her. Perhaps she was just enjoying the warmth of the sunshine on her body but at 330 days today, nervous mom that I am, I'm not taking any chances. Maybe an Easter baby????

Yes I would have run like the wind too
default_yes.gif
mares standing round is a classic sign as they always watch if they can
default_smile.png

Sending prayers for a safe foaling when she goes. Please keep us updated
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back