PlayTime Minis - Finished for 2013; See you in 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit difficult to tell from that angle, but you may well be right. I would be keeping my eyes on her very closely from now on!
default_yes.gif

Good luck!

If that's droplets of wax, then she could be really close! Will she let you take a little sample of her milk? If it's really sticky or kind of creamy colored, I'd keep a really close eye on her!

Tried to get the picture of the udder you wanted Diane. Here's the best one I could get. Yes, it's wax on her nipples. On the one nipple, it came right off in my hand and that's why you don't see it on the photo and yes, it was very sticky. She's at day 305 now and when I turned her out this morning, she just rolled and rolled. If you think she's very close, I'm not sure I want to keep turning her out even with me checking on her all the time. Don't want to risk her going into labor and then trying to get her in the barn.

2013march4thraven 007.JPG

I would keep turning her out but just make sure you or someone is watching her. Walking around will help her in the first stage of labour. I am sending prayers for a safe and easy foaling. Keep us updated
default_please.gif

Thanks Eagle. The horses are right by the house so I run in and out all the time. I'll keep you updated and try to get better pictures if the snow decides to leave.

Sending prayers for a safe foaling -good luck, it wont be long now!!

Rolling is good. I would definitely be keeping an eye on her. A foal buzzer and a baby monitor would be a good thing to have now. Pretty low tech, inexpensive and lets you know when the mare goes down on her side.

Certainly won't be long now. Keep a close eye -- with all these things happening at once, she could "turn the corner" and put baby on the ground, and be very sneaky about doing it.

Praying for a safe and uneventful foaling of a perfectly healthy newborn~~~!!!!!!

PS -- YOU ARE REQUIRED to share lots of baby pictures!!
I totally agree
default_yes.gif

I've been concentrating so much on Raven but Sweetie is right behind her at 297 days and she's looking huge. I felt her bag this morning and it's very full. She was also a little bit annoyed with me for doing that and that's unusual for her because she lives up to her name and is a sweetheart. Here's some pictures of her side. She's starting to shed and you can see her roan coloring.

2013march6thgirls 002.JPG

2013march6thgirls 003.JPG

2013march6thgirls 005.JPG

Her big tummy is almost hitting the ground.

2013march6thgirls 010.JPG

We're having weather woes here. Hope to have the horses out soon for better photos.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Looking good! Hope the weather warms up for us all, we have cool temps here too, but at least we're mostly above freezing. (not to brag
default_wink.png
) Keep us posted!

She looking great, bless her! How's her udder when she returns from her daily outside time - mare's bags are normally more full after a night in and less so after daytime exercise. When they are still full (and pretty tight) at the end of the day, then you are really getting close to foaling!

Anna, it's full and tight at the end of the day. She hasn't been out that much though because we are still experiencing rough weather. Does that make a difference? Thanks!!

yes, exercise is what makes the udder go down during the day. Once it stays up after exercise then you know baby is coming soon
default_yes.gif

Well, another terrible weather day of high winds and gloom. Hoping no foals until we get some sunshine and warmer days. Thanks for all your help everyone!

Latest posts

Back