PlayTime Minis - Finished for 2013; See you in 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto
default_yes.gif

I'm thinking Raven might be close. We have our first beautiful day, I turned her out and instead of joining her BFF at the hay pile as she always does, she went directly to the run in shed. I cleaned her stall and brought her back in and I'll take pictures later. If it were today, I'd be happy because it's warm for us.

False alarm with Raven and an over anxious horse mom. She's at 314 days today. No photos of her lady parts because she's enjoying some outdoor time.

2013march14thraven 001.JPG

2013march14thraven 003.JPG

2013march14thraven 004.JPG

And I've been shopping. My new foal blankets made by Shawna Holt.

487600_4699436164199_2134319567_n.jpg

Thanks Diane. I had read your post about front of center on another thread and I've been watching for that to happen and I think it has to my newbie eyes. I so appreciate all your help and insight both on my thread and the others as well.

Love the foal blankets! Favorite part of my foaling kit. Waiting is hard, as all of us on here know!! I have had my best luck predicting foaling time by milk consistency. Sticky milk means don't take your eyes off of her!! Loose poop is another good one. But best to check everything you can and have people on this board help you out. Best of luck. I am sure you will have foals before I do this year; how is that for a prediction?

aww Raven is looking soo good! it won't be too long now as Renee and Diane have said... a little more cooking and you will see your little bundle of joy! well hers really LOL ;)

Thanks Ladies. Let's hope she goes before Tuesday or way after Tuesday because the forecast for here is lots of snow. I'll get photos of Sweetie today who is also close and once again, thanks for all your help!!!!
default_biggrin.png

Sweetie pictures. She's at day 300.

First things first.

2013march15thmares 002.JPG

No bag pictures. She's a little cranky today with my sticking the camera up there but it's feeling full. On to prettier sights.

2013march15thmares 004.JPG

2013march15thmares 006.JPG

And my favorite from today because she just looks like she wants this all over.

2013march15thmares 010.JPG

Well, I sat with the mares today. It's very cold but we have sunshine and it's a great day for a group snooze. Love that they trust me enough to stretch out and really sleep while stretched out beside them. I love my boys but there's something so special about mares. I got to sit with my hand on Sweetie's massive belly while she just snored away. Isn't new life awesome?

2013march15thmoremares 014.JPG

2013march15thmoremares 012.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant - I love it when the girls trust you enough to enjoy your company at their snooze times!
default_yes.gif

Just an update. Nothing is going on at the moment and I haven't taken any pictures. We had about 2 feet of snow and it's been snowing off and on every day so once again, we are buried in the white stuff. Also very cold weather so I'm hoping the girls hold off. Raven is at 321 and Sweetie is a couple of weeks behind her. I'll try to get photos. Attaching a minis in the snow picture.

2013march20thhorses 004.JPG

I'm getting cold just looking at that photo. Brrr.. So much snow! It looks as tho the little ones are enjoying themselves enough in it, though.

I am just getting around to checking in on all the threads and see you have a nice list of mares due starting soon. Good luck and can't wait to see the babies!

BRR ! Here I am complaining about the flurrys we are having today. Sure hope Spring weather arrives soon.

Well, still cold and miserable here. I saw it's okay to ask dumb questions so here goes. I've always used a shedding blade on the horses and Raven is starting to shed but I'm worried about using one on her big, bulging sides. Should I just use the brush instead? As always, thanks so much friends in the Nutty Nursery.

I am not sure what a shedding blade is but I use the brush that groomers use on dogs, it works great at removing the dead fur.

I wonder if you mean a zoom groom which is what I use on my dogs. I could try it on Raven. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back