Pacific Pintos Miniature Horses Foaling Cams

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just left the barn at 11:15 am and Jewels did not get up while I was in the barn. She was having obvious contractions.

This is her first and she does not always understand what is happening.
Sounds promising.

For my own education, can you describe what you saw that means obvious contractions to you. I'm always interested in what people see and use as their signs when watching the mares. Thanks!

12.56 pm and all is quiet, she is very hungry
default_yes.gif

Mulligans Run just got a bambino. The mare's name is Precious.

I missed Precious but I see I didn't miss anything with Miss Jewels. Come on Jewels! You can do it girl.

Dinner break. Hopefully she will get back down to buisness when her tummy is full of food.

I like to stay back from my mares also and if they need me then go in. We have a monitor in the house and one in my husband's art studio. The barn shares a wall with the art studio. I can watch on the screen but give them absolute privacy. Not exactly a comfy bed there. I use a zero gravity lawn chair. Luckily this year I did not have to camp out in the studio. Two years ago Easter I was in the chair watching and waiting for Faith to foal. I had the alarm on my cell phone to wake me up every few minutes. It can happen so suddenly. That one was the most I ever assisted in. She likely could have done it without me but I did pull the legs twice when she was pushing.

Sounds like you have quiet the lineup this year. I have you in favorites and will have "eyes on" often.

Parmela, I have seen them have "light contractions" as much as 3 days before foaling. They will stop as quickly as they start. They just seem to start breathing heavy like they are out of breath. Usually lying down but sometimes standing. Heavy sighing. And then you may not see it again for a half a day or so. They will go back to normal behavior. But then you hear that breathing again later and can see from their eyes that they are experiencing discomfort.

sternal, flat.... sternal. Seems quiet...

Joanne, Thanks for the explanation on the early labor. That helped a lot.

And yes Jewels, as mommy said, it's time now!

I cannot even believe that Miss Jewels has not foaled.
default_new_shocked.gif
I was certain she would foal before the end of the day yesteray Joanne. I will be watching her and Raven and of course my own mare (LOL) on an off today in between chores. Come on girls.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after about 16 hours of Jewels making us all think she was about to foal, she shut everything off last night and I took her off the low alert.

Thanks for the phone call Connie.

Susie is the furthest along now and I am monitoring her as well. She was anxious starting yesterday evening and has been yawning, swishing her tail, pawing etc.

I do not want to be watching Jewels as Susie is foaling in the next shall.
default_frusty.gif

You are most welcome Joanne. :)

I cannot believe that she is still holding on. I will be watching your girls on and off as much as I can. I know. John always says "don't you have enough of your own stress watching your girls?" LOL I will talk to my computer as a mare is foaling "come on girl, push, you can do it, oh good girl, whoo hoo , look at that, LOL"

I can't believe Jewels is still holding on. She and Raven must have been sharing secrets.

OK, I will stop watching Jewels and Raven so they can foal, because I must the the jinx. I notice that the ones I wasn't watching this weekend went ahead and foaled!

OMG Connie, I just hope I have a birth like Red Snows.

I just watched the video and you were picture perfect with that birth. And what a little stunning filly you had. No wonder people are lining up to see your births.

Nice watching an expert at work.
default_worshippy.gif

But obviously Red Snow cooked it too long and burned the foal to a crisp, with all that white that both parents had, the foal has hardly any white at all!!!

Horse genetics. After all these years, still a mystery.
default_frusty.gif

Latest posts

Back