2014 Maple Hollow Foaling--Belle**FILLY!!!!! 6/14****

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow he is a good looking little guy!!!! His legs are gorgeous,he is going to be one handsome stud!!!!!!! Congratulations again!! Stall 1&2 foaled, now for stall 3 wonder what Belle will have?????? Filly?????
default_yes.gif

Thanks everyone! The quality of all of our foals this year is outstanding, really excited to see the ones we have left to arrive! If it ever stops raining, I will try and get some good dry pics of both boys.

That's so funny about everyone wanting fillies with the minis; I had three colts. With my saddle horses, I raised 3 foals; two fillies and one colt. I could have sold the colt 10x over, but had to practically give the filly away that I wasn't keeping (kept the first filly born). With the minis, I had 3 colts two years ago; and would have to give them away (they are still here, and finally slated for gelding, just timing issues as to it not done yet); the only filly to date isn't for sale (she's the one hubby likes).
Normally I dont care so much about gender, just quality and of course healthy! BUT I REALLY want a Remmy filly to keep back so that is why I am crossing my fingers that at least one of the two left to foal by him are going to be a girl!

And each one a delightful baby! You really have had some pretty babies this year!

What a fabulous group of babies Melinda - the boys and girls have cetainly done you proud this year.
default_firstprize.gif

I LOVE ALL your foals Melinda!!!! What a beautiful group of babies this year!!
default_yes.gif
I am especially enjoying the videos, they are a hoot running around and playing!!! Keep the pictures and videos coming as they grow!!!!!!!!!!

still no progress on Belle or Carrie, honestly couldnt guarantee either is bred since they are carrying higher than normal and never had them checked....

Also on more depressing news, I am sad to have to tell you that I had to have my first foal, Glimmer, put down today. She started acting really colicky a couple days ago and I took her to the vet, ended up having to leave her and her mom there as they treated her and tried to figure out what was wrong, she had very little gut movement, thickening of her intestines and no bowel movement. They treated her for different things, ran bloodwork, ect, and she wasnt making progress and was getting gradually worse so we made the tough decision to let her cross the rainbow bridge as it wasnt fair to keep making her suffer on the hopes we would figure out what was wrong. She was my pretty black appy filly and my only Monte filly this year for those who cant keep track of who is who.

Days like today make me wonder why I do this but then I go play with the other foals and it really helps remind me of the reasons I love what I do even with the heartbreak.

You know I'm VERY sad that you lost that little SPOTS baby, but I totally agree with your decision to let her go run free. Breeding is not for the faint at heart, and sometimes we have to make the hard decisions of what's best for all. Sending {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and look forward to another Monty baby next year for you.

Thank you for doing all you could, and making the best decision for her. I know it was hard. But give all those precious babies you've had this season a big HUG from the Aunties!

Thanks and yes Diane, it is a rough life breeding these little sweeties, having them steal our hearts, and then have to make those decisions to let them go.

Sadly Monte is only getting one mare for next year too, decided to take him back out to show so not using him much for breeding while showing. Some people might think I am crazy but his one mare is my Buckskin Tobiano, Fae, I think it will be a great cross!

Just adding some happy pics of my first ever show with Monte a couple wkends ago. Was 1st and 2nds in his Sr stallion class, Res Champion Sr Stallion, 1sts and a last place in multicolor can always tell when judges dont like apps LOL!, 1st and seconds in Ammy CPD, 2 Stakes wins and a Res in CPD stakes, unanimous firsts in Roadster and Roadster Stakes, and a third in Liberty.

DSCN3232edit.JPG

DSCN3233edit.JPG

DSCN3241edit.JPG

DSCN3257edit.JPG

DSCN3259edit.JPG

DSCN3260.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh many congratulations Melinda - he looks superb!! I can understand why you would want to continue to show him, plus he looks as though he really enjoys it too.
default_firstprize.gif

He's a beautiful boy, and I've always admired him. He's had an outstanding show career, and I'm sure he likes being back out there!

Congratulations on all his placings and wins! And yes, you can ALWAYS tell when the judges don't like the appies! Luckily, when I was having my boys shown, the judges were "open" about appaloosas, and we usually won or were in the top 3. LOVE those SPOTS!

Last edited:
Wanted to update that Belle is finally starting to bag and is my last mare to foal as Carrie ended up open....Belle is 331 days today so technically could go anytime even though I dont think she is quite ready...BUT considering that several of my "by the book" mares decided to play games on me this year, I still will go with "could be due anytime" LOL! BTW she is in the left stall...middle and right are both yearlings so if you see them foaling then we have got some serious problems, particularly since one is a gelding ROFL!!!! And just to keep yall happy, here are a few newer pics of some of our last foals that I hadnt updated on yet...plus mom's babies that I am not sure I ever announced...oops!

10308390_10202903027474681_1667527460276536021_n.jpg

DSCF8032edit.JPG

10403088_10202821342032596_3173018133177686470_n.jpg

DSCF8008edit.JPG

DSCF8028edit.JPG

10299528_10202821350312803_7200370093910243398_nedit.jpg

20140528_132012(0).jpg

20140528_132116edit.jpg

20140528_132738.jpg

DSCF8040edit.JPG

DSCF8042edit.JPG

DSCF8043edit.JPG

10425657_10202905063445579_1922869118_n.jpg

10425744_10202905150847764_709739683_n.jpg

10428809_10202905180968517_641078486_n.jpg

DSCF8058.JPG

DSCF8070.JPG

DSCF8072.JPG

Oh they are all so gorgeous Melinda - you and your Mom have certainly had a good season this year!

Cant wait to see what Belle is going to suprise us with.

Is that first little one a snowcap....or are there spots on that pretty little butt? I can't quite tell in the pictures. One looks like maybe there are spots on that hiney!

All beautiful little ones, and yes, we can't wait to see what Belle is hiding!

Thanks for posting some new pictures of your babies!!! They all are beautiful!!! I would be spending way too much time with them just watching and hugging them!!! Also I get such a kick out of the pics with Chevy, he is such a sweet Lab and a good sport hanging out with all the babies!!! You have done a wonderful job with your breeding program this year and I am sure you are proud and happy with of all your foals for 2014!!!!!!

I especially like that last little one, beautiful color and sweet head/face!!!!! I tried to view your cam tonight but it does not seem to be connecting......I have not been on much this week I've had a nasty upper respiratory virus, yuck!!! Anyway I will keep trying to see your barn and expecting mare!!!

Back