Our little Easter Lily is here...Belle foaled a filly 4/20/14!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lori, he is absolutely handsome!!
default_yes.gif
I can't wait to see this little baby either! Then we really will be related, lol!

The lack of movement worried me, so thank you for the reassurance! It makes sense but I just didn't think of it that way
default_smile.png

She seemed to be elongating these last couple of weeks but last night she was tightening back up a little bit. And her udder seems to have gone back down too... I am certainly keeping my eyes on her... it is just too cold to have baby arrive so hoping Belle can cross her legs for at least a week!

This is the first time in my life I've hoped for things to progresses slowly... so murphy's law this is when it will go fast! Lol, we will see! I will keep you all updated
default_smile.png
Thank you all again for your imput!!!

Can you take a picture of her "hooha" ? Perhaps that will let us know a little more on how she's progressing!

Here are the infamous hooha shots! So sorry it took me so long to get these posted, we had quite the busy weekend
default_smile.png

02.07.14:

02.07.14:

02.07.14:

02.09.14:

02.09.14:

02.09.14:

She's looking good! Looks like she's starting to loosen and elongate a bit. Is there any udder at all? I think we'll see that belly move more "forward of center" -- but she's looking very good!

Thank you Diane!

Her udder has taken on a fuller shape(if that makes sense) but it hasn't progressed any further in the last couple of weeks... I hope that's not cause for concern! She is finally used to me checking though, so that's good! I have tried getting a picture but she is just too close to the ground for me to balance my camera and hold still enough to get a clear picture. When I suceed, though, I will post! Perhaps I can recruit my hubby's help tonight.

On a side note, we saw almost 40°F here today so she has my permission to foal anytime now! Hehe...

Put together a couple of collages so I could see how she has progressed... No further bag development to report, but LOTS of kicking and foal movement
default_risa_suelos.gif
-so neat!!

Any guesses on how much longer she might have to go? I've noticed I need to be much more consistant with side shots, rear shots seemed to be more consistant so I think you can see the most changes from the rear views. Thank you in advance!!!
default_yes.gif

What a wonderful collage of pictures! So much fun to watch the progression!!!

Thank you
default_smile.png
It's been so fun, but I'm too dang impatient for this... I wish we had less of a window to work with. If I ever buy a bred mare again that will definitely be something I consider! At this point I feel like I may be waiting until April!
default_frusty.gif
LOL

She's moving ahead nicely! But, we all understand how hard it is to wait! But wait, we must! These girls have a mind of their own!

I know this is a bit off topic, but how do I change my thread's title? When the time comes, I'd like to update it, like I've seen others do, but I can't seem to figure it out, LOL
default_doh.gif

A great way to show the changes Stephanie - I dont think it will be too long before that light at the end of the tunnel arrives on your doorstep!

She's looking fabulous!!

To change the title, go to your first post and choose "edit". Then choose "more reply options" and it should bring up the full first post, which will include the title, and you can change it there!

Coming along nicely, and the pictures are great!

Thanks everyone
default_smile.png
I sure hope I can report more exciting news soon! So fun to see these little ones arriving!!!

Thank you so much Diane... I had been wondering how to change my title for weeks now!!

We have a bag starting in Eastern WA-for real this time! Not just wishful thinking like before
default_smile.png

I haven't checked her udder for probably 2 weeks because I was getting so discouraged, but I checked tonight and there IS a light at the end of the tunnel!

I changed jobs last month so I haven't had as much time to get on here as before but I'm excited to see the little ones arriving from afar
default_smile.png
Keep up the good work Mamas!! (And grandmas, grandpas, aunties and uncles:) )

04.08.14:

NICE udder! Keep it coming little momma!

So glad you're back!! She's looking good!

SHE'S here!! A perfect little filly born sometime after midnight! All went absolutely perfect and I am so happy/sleepy! Here our little Easter Lily:

04.20.14:

Her eyes looked very light so they may be blue, I didn't want to blind her too bad so I will have to wait a few hours to check again in the day light
default_smile.png

Happy Easter everyone!!!!

Back