Missy's Foaling Thread - HE'S HERE!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, he is a big little guy. In the daylight pics he looks more than a few hours old. Glad you got a nice, healthy little guy!
He's filled out a lot.. literally suckling every 5 - 10 minutes or so!

default_aktion033.gif
Congrats! Love his wide blaze. Enjoy!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So glad mom was experienced and everything went fine for her. That is one HANDSOME colt, love the markings!

Well done Missy!!!!! Now keep those videos coming -- we so enjoy them!

That is one absolutely gorgeous colt and I think Missy was just cooking him a long time to make him so handsome. I do hope you get to feeling better soon. I just love him!!!!!

He is VERY STRIKING with a beautiful patterning with all that white! I'll bet it too hard to sleep, although if you're still not feeling well, sleep is probably what you need. No worries. He's just perfect, and he'll be fine with that good momma!

That is one absolutely gorgeous colt and I think Missy was just cooking him a long time to make him so handsome. I do hope you get to feeling better soon. I just love him!!!!!
Uploading another video for you guys.

Thanks chuck, me too! :p

He is VERY STRIKING with a beautiful patterning with all that white! I'll bet it too hard to sleep, although if you're still not feeling well, sleep is probably what you need. No worries. He's just perfect, and he'll be fine with that good momma!
Just hope he's healthy! Got so paranoid about losing him!

Hi guys, Rory is sucking every 5 minutes or so but we can't see nor get any milk from Missy's udder. She definitely had wax yesterday so guessing she was lactating? Rory is very active but unsure if he is getting any milk or not. Is is normal not to see or be able to milk mares?

Is Rory lively and spunky? If so, he is likely getting enough. Most mares aren't easy to milk, but there are instructions on the info pages for making a little milker to help express milk from a mare; here a link: http://www.lilbeginnings.com/info/breeding2/ Directions are top of page, all you need is a 60cc syringe and a little time. You don't want to use it much if she has milk and foal is nursing her, but it might ease your mind that she has milk there and available for Rory, if you can express a little bit. I was worried with my first maiden mare here a couple years ago, the filly was constantly nursing and I couldn't seem to express anything; but filly was spunky and full of herself, so she was obviously getting enough.

Foals need little and often to begin with so, as long as he is spunky and full of himself, I expect that he's getting enough. If you can stand alongside him when he's drinking you should be able to see him swallow (and hear him!). If by any chance Missy has plenty of milk, then 6 or 8 hefty sucks from a big strong day old foal will probably be enough for him for a while. Some foals seem to have a good drink every now and again and others like to dip in and out of the milk bar on a more regular basis!

What are you feeding Missy at the moment for her mushy feeds?

He's very active, constantly bucking and cantering around. He's a loud drinker too so he must be getting enough.Missy is on chaff which is soaked plus the mare/youngstock feed and unlimited hay + grass xx

341126_2488838936171_2117291627_o_zps965d608d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Somehow I missed Rory's birth over the weekend, but wow is he GORGEOUS! Can't wait to hear about his happy young life! Congratulations!!

Thank you for the up close and personal foal fix!! Loving his tail.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is SOOOOO BOY!!!! Love the video -- and look at all those whiskers! How cute is that!

Latest posts

Back