Laney (*filly* 4/10-Tinkerbelle) *New pics pg 187*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the kitties. Not good pictures. They are still real scared. Hope they come around.

Just arriving home

DSCN7641-2.JPG

The all black kitty, Bella:

DSCN7664-3.JPG

DSCN7665-2.JPG

----------------

The black with a little white kitty, Cissy:

DSCN7664-2.JPG

DSCN7684-2.JPG

They'll come around for sure! After all the fine work you've done with Rickey and Laney -- those kittens have nothing but love surrounding them -- and they won't be able to "hold out" for very long!

They are just beautiful!
default_aktion033.gif
Thank you, Diane
wub.gif
All with your help of course
biggrin.gif
and the help of the rest of the lovely ladies on this board as well
yes.gif

Laney looks like her belly is slowly getting wider and rounder. (not sure if that is a word LOL)

Ricky continues to play and romp a little every day. Not playing with his exercise ball yet but doing well without it.

I am having a horrible time finding the traditional Christmas tree skirt that is solid red with white trim! None of the stores had them... I wanted to take Christmas pictures of Ricky with it... I haven't given up yet.
wink.gif

Oh and I am so glad we decided to take in these kittens and have them stay in our barn/yard. There is one neighbor who shares the forest line with us and he said he cleaned one of his sheds and 10-15 mice went scattering
new_shocked.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Black cats are my favorites, I have one named Salem, he only has one eye as he lost one to glycoma when he was a kit. Hope your guys hunt better then mine, I just came in from the indoor where I was brushing mares and looked over to see a little mouse watching me. No cat in sight! I also have a few mice in my feed shed, so we left the door open hoping the cat would get them, nope, mice are still in there, bad kitties!

The kitties are coming around well
aktion033.gif
They don't come up to you but they let you come to them and they rub you and purr.

We took some pictures to send off for papers today and I just wanted to share a few.

LaneyLeftSide.JPG

LaneyRightSide.JPG

DSCN7802-2.JPG

And of course Ricky.. look at that face
wub.gif

DSCN7835.JPG

He went for a trot with my husband

DSCN7863-3.JPG

Oh and I just want to say:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

The kitties are just beautiful, so glad they seem to be coming round so quickly, but how could they resist when they are now lucky enough to live with such a super family!

Laney is looking good - she's such a pretty girl.
default_wub.png

How is hubby's grandmother? Hopefully she is feeling a little better.

Wishing you all a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS!
default_yes.gif

Great pics. They are looking so wonderful. Ricky looks like he is really enjoying his run with your hubby. Lovely kittens, before long they will be winding between your feet begging for attention when you walk out to the barn.

default_saludando.gif
great photos great to see a husband out with the horse,s, dont think my husband has even patted the foals
default_sad.png
:(
default_sad.png
:(
default_sad.png

Thank you, everyone
biggrin.gif

I gave Laney a good grooming yesterday and she let me feel a few foal movements. One was a strong one
wub.gif

My husband (Brandon) is very good with the horses. He likes them a lot. I am an animal lover and he has become one as well. Ricky is always following him around "helping" him with projects around the yard. It is so cute.

His grandmother is still in the hospital but not in ICU anymore. She is doing ok, but we got news last night that the doctors are only planning on giving her a few more treatments with chemo and then they are just letting it run it's course. She will be placed in an assisted living home and will have to have the fluid in her lungs drained at least once a week. They say the fluid is from the lungs defending itself from the cancer and is to be expected. She always feels a bit better once it has been drained. We will be leaving to see her in a few days and are glad we are able too. It isn't easy for us to get up and go on trips, thankfully my family and my grandparents are helping out so we can go. Our animals will be well cared for
wub.gif

Thanks for all the kind words
wub.gif
I REALLY appreciate all of you!

Family and friends are wonderful blessings to each of us. Glad you're getting to go .Have a safe trip. Ya'll are in my prayers daily.

Glad to hear that Hubby's Grandmother has made some improvement Megan. I'm not sure if it is any help to you or to her but wondered if you had heard of the use of asparagus in reducing any cancerous growths? It has been in use since the 1700's with success, a long time before cancer was called cancer!

It can be fresh asparagus or tinned (genuine, not with additives), you can eat it 'as is' or cook and make a puree to keep in the fridge - and I understand that 4 or 5 desert spoonfuls of puree per day is enough to have an effect. A lot of folk automatically include a couple of spoonfuls in their daily diets just as a 'precaution'. I did tell a friend about this for her elderly collie dog who had developed tumours early last year, I heard recently from her that the worst tumour/growth had reduced considerably and the smaller one had disappeared! Her vet was amazed! Why vets and Doctors dont tell us more about possible help from plants etc I dont know, but of course these things may not help everyone and are certainly not to be 'used' instead of medical treatment, but I know that I would always give them a go, just in case!
default_yes.gif

Anyway I hope you have a great Christmas and a safe journey for your visit afterwards.

My Yorkie has been eating asparagus since Anna told me about it and she is doing o.k. I puree loads up and then put it in ice trays and freeze it, she gets one lump a day added to her dinner.

saludando.gif

That is really neat Anna. I love natural remedies and will pass that along.

We are making the 9 hour drive to visit my hubby's grandma in a few hours. I had to spend extra time with the horses tonight. Laney sat and let me rub her for a long time. She is a sweet mare. Ricky as usual asked for a few kisses. I love seeing them everyday so I will miss them and the other animals. They are all in good hands while we will be away.

I hope everyone is having a good holiday. My kids are having so much fun and have done so well. Loving every second of it
biggrin.gif

Thank you, everyone
biggrin.gif

I gave Laney a good grooming yesterday and she let me feel a few foal movements. One was a strong one
wub.gif

My husband (Brandon) is very good with the horses. He likes them a lot. I am an animal lover and he has become one as well. Ricky is always following him around "helping" him with projects around the yard. It is so cute.

His grandmother is still in the hospital but not in ICU anymore. She is doing ok, but we got news last night that the doctors are only planning on giving her a few more treatments with chemo and then they are just letting it run it's course. She will be placed in an assisted living home and will have to have the fluid in her lungs drained at least once a week. They say the fluid is from the lungs defending itself from the cancer and is to be expected. She always feels a bit better once it has been drained. We will be leaving to see her in a few days and are glad we are able too. It isn't easy for us to get up and go on trips, thankfully my family and my grandparents are helping out so we can go. Our animals will be well cared for
wub.gif

Thanks for all the kind words
wub.gif
I REALLY appreciate all of you!
such cute photos Megan!!! what a great time! Laney looks gorgeous! and Ricky as handsome as ever!!!

hope your trip goes well to visit your Husbands Grandmother!!!

Glad to hear that Hubby's Grandmother has made some improvement Megan. I'm not sure if it is any help to you or to her but wondered if you had heard of the use of asparagus in reducing any cancerous growths? It has been in use since the 1700's with success, a long time before cancer was called cancer!

It can be fresh asparagus or tinned (genuine, not with additives), you can eat it 'as is' or cook and make a puree to keep in the fridge - and I understand that 4 or 5 desert spoonfuls of puree per day is enough to have an effect. A lot of folk automatically include a couple of spoonfuls in their daily diets just as a 'precaution'. I did tell a friend about this for her elderly collie dog who had developed tumours early last year, I heard recently from her that the worst tumour/growth had reduced considerably and the smaller one had disappeared! Her vet was amazed! Why vets and Doctors dont tell us more about possible help from plants etc I dont know, but of course these things may not help everyone and are certainly not to be 'used' instead of medical treatment, but I know that I would always give them a go, just in case!
default_yes.gif

Anyway I hope you have a great Christmas and a safe journey for your visit afterwards.
WOW Anaa, never would have thought of that either! I'm going to let some of our clients know about that! what a great idea!!

That is really neat Anna. I love natural remedies and will pass that along.

We are making the 9 hour drive to visit my hubby's grandma in a few hours. I had to spend extra time with the horses tonight. Laney sat and let me rub her for a long time. She is a sweet mare. Ricky as usual asked for a few kisses. I love seeing them everyday so I will miss them and the other animals. They are all in good hands while we will be away.

I hope everyone is having a good holiday. My kids are having so much fun and have done so well. Loving every second of it
biggrin.gif
Have a great time with your granmother in law!! enjoy every minute and I'm sure your furkids will be fine!!
default_laugh.png

default_saludando.gif
Hi Megan...just like to say a BIG THANK YOU for your christmas card that arrived today..have a safe trip to see Granny and I hope shes continues to make good progress
default_aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif
I'm HOME!!
aktion033.gif

We had a great very short trip to see Hubby's Grandma. She is doing ok. Still in the hospital and will be getting another chemo treatment next week I believe. She was very very happy to see us and the kids and is in very good spirits.

The fur babies were all happy. The horses were fed a little too much feed but they are doing well. My grandparents loved taking care of them and I will be sure next time they come the feed cup is easier to understand. They said Ricky was very playful and sweet.

You are very welcome, Lindi for the card
wub.gif

I just read and caught up on everyone. So good to be back!

Welcome back Megan and thank you for my card, which like Lindy's arrived yesterday.

Glad that you found Grandmother in good spirits am keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers for her.
default_yes.gif

I'm sure your furkids enjoyed their time with your grandparents, especially the extra food LOL!!

Thank you, everyone
biggrin.gif

I just did the nail test (I saw a thread on it on the main forum) and according to it Laney is having a Filly. I also did it on Ricky and his didn't move at all so he is not expecting, even though he looks it. LOL.
wink.gif

I am upset though! I saw Ricky's daddy is for sale and I was banking on getting another colt from him in the future possibly to be a stallion. We were going to geld Ricky and train him to drive and work with people as a therapy mini knowing we could wait for a stallion from his father in the future when we had a farm with more room for a few more horses. I just love his daddy.. he is beautiful and very friendly- just like Ricky
yes.gif
. If we had the right property, I would think of buying him myself.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Megan in all the holiday confusion I think I forgot to say thank you for your card
wub.gif

Happy New Year
saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back