Laney (*filly* 4/10-Tinkerbelle) *New pics pg 187*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got more info. She has been fighting pneumonia on and off since before Thanksgiving, when she was diagnosed with lung cancer. They are now saying the pneumonia is getting very bad, and having just had a treatment of chemo this week her body is not able to fight it. She has been trying to get them to let her go- saying she is ready and trying to take out the cords and such she is connected to.. so they gave her a muscle relaxer. She has said she is ready- seen her loved ones and said goodbye- so we can hope if she is ready she can go peacefully. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
wub.gif

Also- I saw Laney 'winking' just a while ago. She had run across the yard to see if I had a treat for her (I had just given one to Ricky) and as she walked away I could barely see under her tail but definitely saw her winking. I have felt foal movement... and she is showing no other signs of being in heat.

Dont worry about laney, she will be fine.

I'm so very sorry about hubby's Grandmother and I will of course be saying extra prayers for her. But I also hope that if the time is now for her to pass, she finds peace during her last days here.

I'm so glad that you were able to visit her, it oviously meant a lot to her.

Sending ((((HUGS)))) to you both.

Thank you so much , ladies. It means a great deal to us.

Diane- I feel the exact same way and really hope they respect her wishes, as much as we hate to lose her. She honestly seemed so ready and in great spirits when we were with her. My husband and I cried as we left on the last visit to the hospital and she was only smiling and told us she loved us dearly and thanked us so much for coming to see her, that it was just what she wanted. She is not happy being in the hospital and we do not want them to draw it out and make her suffer. My husband and I really hope the rest of the family and doctors respect her wishes.

Thank you all, again
wub.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif
oh megan sending you and husband and family big hugs..

oh and can you give your grandma i big hug from me to
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

Well I don't think that will happen to my girls Anna, lol

I am so excited cos I felt Odette's foal moving this evening, she aborted last year so I was quite worried. Matteo came down with me and held her whilst feeding her hay, she fidgeted at first but soon settled. Yippeeeeee

No movement from Britt's baby but the "princess" wouldn't stand still long enough. Lol
default_aktion033.gif
YAY Renee that is SO exciting!!!! here's hoping everything keeps going smoothly!!!! she is such a pretty pretty girl!!

I just wanted to ask for some prayers. My husband's grandmother is not doing very well and is not able to breathe on her own. My MIL and FIL just returned last night from PA and called about 30 minutes ago saying they are on their way back up to PA right now because she is having trouble.

She was very happy so see us all on our visit. She has said she's ready. She was smiling as we said goodbye in the hospital even though we were crying.

If you could please pray for her and our family.
Megan, defitinitley praying for your family!!!!! I hope that they do everything for her at the hospital, and let her rest!!!
default_yes.gif

Megan I continue to pray for your husband's Grandma and as the others have said I too hope that when her time comes that she passes quietly. She will go knowing she is very loved.

whistling.gif
Rain, Rain, Go away. My horsies think it's time to play..
whistling.gif

I wasn't aware it was supposed to pour today. The horses as always are splat in the middle of it and don't care to use their shelters.

Here is Laney today, wet of course, at 249 days

DSCN8446-2.JPG

DSCN8453-2.JPG

And of course, my muffin, little Ricky

DSCN8474.JPG

All is good with both Laney and Ricky. Laney keeps talking to me almost everyday- which she did not do before. She is a sweetheart.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. The doctors have removed the tube they placed down my GMIL's throat to help my her breathe. The cancer has spread and her lungs are basically shot. They are putting the tubes on her nose and do not expect her to live but a few days at the most. She was able to answer the doctor by shaking her head when they asked if she was in any pain- she shook her head no. So that is very very good. Makes us very happy she is not suffering. We are still praying for her.

Thank you, Ladies. We are so glad she is not in pain. She was when she was diagnosed and we were worried it would be really rough till the end.

On another note- I am beginning to worry about where we will have Laney when she is under the camera close to foaling. She is in her small paddock now, which has no grass and gets muddy when it rains. We are hoping the grass comes back because i will really help with the mud. She is due early April so I'm not sure if it will be back in time- or at all. If it doesn't- I will have to switch Ricky into her paddock and Laney into Ricky's. His is bigger and has a bigger shelter anyways.. so It may be better for the little one. I just hope Laney doesn't get territorial when they are finally allowed around out together when the new foal is a little older.

I already posted pictures of their paddocks but will post them again so you can see the difference. These are a month or so old and it hadn't rained.

This is Laney's. Just has a small shelter big enough for her to lay and eat under.

DSCN7422.JPG

This is Ricky's. Larger Paddock- will have grass- has 2 separate stalls.

DSCN7424.JPG

The more I think about it the more I think Laney needs to foal in Ricky's paddock. The cameras are already set up where I'd just have to turn one and the night vision works in his- but not hers cause a light from the neighbors house shines right towards the cam.

They said Laney likes to foal outside in a paddock.

Can they go in Laney's paddock together during the day? If so you could section off Ricky's paddock and leave it to rest for the winter, just give him a little run outside his shelter for the night. Then once Laney is due to foaling you could put her in there and open it up. I think you will have to keep them separate for a while after birth any way as Laney won't want Ricky around her new baby.

I don't think it will be a problem moving them, I do it with mine. My girls are still down behind the factory as it hasn't snowed yet but when they are due to foal I will bring them up to the house so that I can have them on cam. They only have a small pen at the house but it is only for a few weeks until the foals are here then they will go back out in the field.

You are in my prayers
pray.gif

I actually open both their paddock gates and let them roam together in the large 3rd paddock during the day. They stay overnight in their small paddocks and after they eat in the morning I open their gates, then when it's time for dinner I put them back in their paddocks for the night. We could section Ricky's off easily to let the grass rest. He would be far away from Laney at night (they share the fence line and lay near the fence each night) because we would section off the area closest to Laney's paddock as it has more grass area. We don't keep them in the small paddocks together because Laney would chase and bite him when we had them closed in the same one. She is fine in the big paddock though. I do think we will switch Laney into Ricky's paddock once she is on cam in March. I will keep Laney and Ricky separate for a while right before and after she foals. I will let Ricky out alone in the large paddock part of the day and then Laney out alone (with her foal) for the other part of the day. Then once Laney is ok with Ricky being around her foal we will let them out together in the large paddock during the day. I can't wait to move so we have more land and they can have big pastures and not have to be let out each day. EDIT: I was out grooming Laney and felt some major foal movement ! You could see some movement too- foal was pretty active at the time!

aktion033.gif
Foal movement is so cool
aktion033.gif

Sounds like you have a perfect set up and you horses are very lucky
wub.gif

Oooooo baby taking exercise in preparation for life in the outside world!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png

We got a trailer this past week and Ricky walked right into it to have a look around. We had it open today and he came back to explore again- this time I had my camera.

DSCN8574-2.JPG

Laney is old and wise enough to know what it is so she didn't venture behind it while we had the ramp down.

Ricky was being exceptionally naughty today and I got picture of him biting my shoe. (like my comfy pjs? lol)

DSCN8602-2.JPG

Not too long after that he tired to rear up on me, had a nice roll, and dashed around the yard.

DSCN8608-2.JPG

Then ended with the first good rear I have ever seen him do- and I caught it on camera. Chubby muffin.

DSCN8636-2.JPG

wub.gif
laugh.gif

wow Megan you have your hubby raped round your little finger
laugh.gif
what do you do to get all these nice pressies
unsure.gif
ooops I don't think you should tell
new_rofl.gif

Great trailer and Ricky seems to think so too
blush.gif

Great trailer! Wonderful pics of Ricky. He is soooo cute. Love it when they load so easy. I have taught my to load and I t makes it so wonderful when we travel.

LOL!! Love the pictures of the cheeky Ricky - boys do get a bit more cheeky at arund his age, just normal growing up!!

We always do, with our lorry, what you are doing with your trailer. We take all the partitions out, position it either in the big barn or a field and let the weanlings explore. It works wonders and they have a great time scampering in and out.
default_yes.gif

Does your trailer partition swing sideways? If so, then may I suggest that you move the rear end over to make one side bigger - it will let Ricky turn round inside a bit more easily when he's doing his investigations!

I love your pics
default_laugh.png
it's like a storyboard!

Wish more of my family where involved. I'm lucky that my father (who owns the property) will put in new fencing and facilties but none of them are really that interested in the horses!

default_saludando.gif
great pics thanks for shareing..my hubbys the same not into horses..
default_no.gif

isnt it funny we call trailers floats in australia

and ketcup we call tomatoe sauce

and barn we call a stable

and a trailer in australia is a thing you tow around that you put your rubbish in or to transport things

so what do yous call a aussie trailer????????

what other things can you think of we call different

LOL Renee

My husband loves his new trailer. Spent some time yesterday playing in it (cleaning and shining it up). I am very lucky he is interested in the horses. He is wanting to get a larger property as soon as we are able and talking about getting more (
new_shocked.gif
yes.. my husband is talking about more horses!
biggrin.gif
Lucky me!) and getting a riding horse as well. He of course has earned the right to name Laney's foal and is excited to be able to do so. Hope he doesn't name her/him something silly.

Anna- our divider does swing and is removable. It would definitely give Ricky more room to roam inside if it was off to the side a bit. I'll let him know that was your idea so he knows who to thank
wink.gif

Jenny- we call those trailers too in the us. here are pictures- is this what you are talking about? http://www.tjtrailer...andem-axle.html

We call those flatbed trailers.. and the trailers we haul horses in are horse trailers. And then there are camper trailers you can pull behind a vehicle: http://www.travelizm...l_trailers.html they have living quarters to camp in

Latest posts

Back