Laney (*filly* 4/10-Tinkerbelle) *New pics pg 187*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww Jess you are pregnant?! I did not know! (sorry if I am slow and missed something lol) Congratulations!
aktion033.gif
My feet were so swollen the dr had a student in and showed them to her. My husband said they looked like the feet from the people on Wall-E haha. If we can't get to these shows then I am sure there will be more in this region we can get to. Laney is due in April and then we are going to Dinsey World in May. Our first time to Disney as a family so we are excited! My 2 year old daughter and I have never been so it should be fun. I don't like trailers either because you can't see them. I was so nervous getting Laney and Ricky here and it was only a 20 minute trip. That is too funny about the van. Glad nobody else was inside it when you did that. lol

Thanks ladies! I will be glad to supply updates and eventually baby pics, but i dont plan on putting marestare up in my bedroom...lol!

Lol spoil sport! Lol congratulations! Is your daughter excited to become a big sister?

Lol spoil sport! Lol congratulations! Is your daughter excited to become a big sister?

Thanks Renee! She is excited...but she has been an only child for a very long time(8yrs)..and a spoiled one at that! She insists that I am only allowed to have a boy. She wants to be the only girl! Her and my hubby have formed a club called "team blue".

default_saludando.gif
OH congrats jess,,you dont no what your having or you didnt wont to no...I think your having a boy
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

Im only 9 weeks along..we will find out the sex in feb!! I am a planner so I NEED to know!!! My nursery has been painted and set up for months!!! Just need to know if I should put in boy things or girl things! My friends all teased me when I got preggo because I will finally have a baby to go in my nursery...lol. Just wish it would have happened before mil passed away....she knew we were trying but we conceived about a month after she passed. My daughter told my hubby that the baby is memaw phyllis' gift for us from heaven...wich of course made me cry.

So exciting, Jess! What do you have your nursery painted and set up like now? My son is 9 and my daughter is 2 and they are so good together. He is such a good big brother to her.. he says he wants us to have another and it needs to be a boy. My husband has been asking for a long time to have another. He wants a son to carry out his name (he is my sons step father) We just don't have the room here and I want to finish school. February is not far away. Time is flying by. Can't wait to find out what you are having
aktion033.gif

Have you done the ring test Jess? I did it for both my pregnancies and it was right.
yes.gif
I have 8 years between my two boys ( I had to think about it )
new_rofl.gif
anyway they get on great, Matteo will even baby sit whilst I do the horses. I usually come back home to a bomb sight as they get a bit carried away but Matteo is really good with Alby when I am gone. I will let you into a secret, ssshhhhhhhh I set my mares webcam up in the lounge and recorded them a few times.
new_rofl.gif

So exciting, Jess! What do you have your nursery painted and set up like now? My son is 9 and my daughter is 2 and they are so good together. He is such a good big brother to her.. he says he wants us to have another and it needs to be a boy. My husband has been asking for a long time to have another. He wants a son to carry out his name (he is my sons step father) We just don't have the room here and I want to finish school. February is not far away. Time is flying by. Can't wait to find out what you are having
aktion033.gif
I feel like I am highjacking Laney's thread...I'm sorry Megan! The nursery is a pretty sage green with bright white trim and bright white furniture. I will add pink ladybugs for a girl or brown and green stripes and monkeys for a boy. I am a bargain shopper and couponer, so I already have just about all the big things that I need for a baby.(furniture, bouncers, swing, boppys, bumbo seats, etc) And I already have about 40 packs of diapers...my goal is to have a full supply to last until potty training before the baby is born. My hubby wants a boy for the family name too...but he has a brother and a male cousin to carry on the name (and really there are millions of jones' in the world anyway) so he will just have to be happy with whatever we get!

I haven't tried the wedding ring test yet...did it with my daughter tho and it was right! I can't remember...isnt it circles for a girl and sideways for a boy??? I will have to try it when I get home...i never wear my rings to work. I never know what kind of animal I will be wrangling at work and I prefer to keep all of my fingers...lol. I actually popped my entire thumbnail off at work one day while I was trying to control a BIG dog, after that I started leaving my rings at home! I am glad that Megan and Renee both mentioned about how well your children do with the age difference...i have been worried about that! Thanks again for all of the congrats!

Oh don't worry, Jess. There is not much going on with Laney so it gives us more to talk about
biggrin.gif
I wish I could be good at couponing and such... I just get overwhelmed. I should really get into finding good bargains and couponing though to save as much money as we can! I want to be able to move sooner then later. And about wrangling animals and injuries.. I remember before my wedding I was obsessed with staying scratch-and-injury-free working at the vet office... which is almost impossible, but I managed to do it. The week I came back though I got scratched up by a cat.. and the back of my hand was dremeled when my coworker was filing down MY dog's nails and she took the first layer or so off a section of my left hand. Would have been ugly in pictures of our rings LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok...according to the chinese gender chart, the wedding ring test, and rumzi's method (which goes by wich side of the uterous the baby implants on and is about 97%accurate) we are having a boy. Guess we will find out for sure in february! My hubby was excited when we did the wedding ring test last night. He is very traditional and old fashioned...I was sure that he would insist on a traditional or Biblical boys name (and I would be ok with that). I have been very suprised by the names that he likes!!! So far he has recomended Tyson, Trevor, and Quinn (all of wich I like)

If we do end up with another girl her name will be either Audrey Ruth or Ava Ruth (ruth after his mom) and will be called Ruthie.

Thanks Cass!

Megan I understand about trying to stay scratch and injury free at work! I am on so many restrictions at work right now! I am not allowed to touch the cats at all, minimal contact with dogs. NO handling random large animals by myself. (I am allowed to work with my animals, because I know their personalities and quirks, but not so with the random farm animals that i deal with at work) When I go out on calls at all I have to have someone with me. Most of my days I am just stuck sitting in my office being bored and playing on the internet.

They sound like they are looking after you there. I quit at 7 months along and ended up on bedrest cause I still had to do a lot of things I shouldn't have. There were certain drs and staff who would look out for me while others did not. My husband was so glad when I quit (I was planning on leaving around then since the beginning of the pregnancy). They didn't let me do radiographs which was good.. but they still had me handling cats that would poop everywhere, cats that would bite/scratch and big dogs- and I had to vacuum and mop the whole hospital myself at night. There was a really bad cat once and my supervisor just stood watching while it was going crazy on me (pooping and trying to bite me) and the dr who looked out for me the most was screaming at them for being so stupid and made her step in.

Those tests I did were all right. I knew I was having a boy with my son and a girl with my daughter. I had the names already picked out in the very beginning. Funny how it works sometimes. Can't wait til you find out for sure though. I am looking into schooling to become an ultrasound technician. I think it would be a nice job. I have many telling me to go into vet school to be a large animal vet and I would love it but its just so much schooling to do with children and my children come first... so I don't think I could.

I STILL cannot get Ricky to play with his ball. I will leave it and let him do what he wants with it.. I think he needs another horse to show him how fun it is.. and Laney wants no part in that lol

If only I could pop round with my boys Megan, they would have him charging round playing football in no time!
biggrin.gif

MeganH said:
1323961271[/url]' post='1433722']They sound like they are looking after you there. I quit at 7 months along and ended up on bedrest cause I still had to do a lot of things I shouldn't have. There were certain drs and staff who would look out for me while others did not. My husband was so glad when I quit (I was planning on leaving around then since the beginning of the pregnancy). They didn't let me do radiographs which was good.. but they still had me handling cats that would poop everywhere, cats that would bite/scratch and big dogs- and I had to vacuum and mop the whole hospital myself at night. There was a really bad cat once and my supervisor just stood watching while it was going crazy on me (pooping and trying to bite me) and the dr who looked out for me the most was screaming at them for being so stupid and made her step in.

Those tests I did were all right. I knew I was having a boy with my son and a girl with my daughter. I had the names already picked out in the very beginning. Funny how it works sometimes. Can't wait til you find out for sure though. I am looking into schooling to become an ultrasound technician. I think it would be a nice job. I have many telling me to go into vet school to be a large animal vet and I would love it but its just so much schooling to do with children and my children come first... so I don't think I could.

I STILL cannot get Ricky to play with his ball. I will leave it and let him do what he wants with it.. I think he needs another horse to show him how fun it is.. and Laney wants no part in that lol
Lol I think Finn needs to come for a visit lol he would show Ricky how it's done lol
biggrin.gif
He still loves his ball so much! It's like his pretend friend hehe
wub.gif
Is he scared of it megan or is it that he just won't play with it... Does he chase after you n the kids at all? Playing of course lol

Renee and Cassie- you both can bring your boys to show Ricky how it is done. I have been working with him on his lead and also trying to get him to play. I think he may be a little scared of the ball.. so I don't kick it at him I just roll it when he has gone to visit and seems to be bored with it and he jumps and trots a few feet then turns and looks. He'll go back and sniff it but nothing more. I am going to look into some training I can do with him that will also get him more active... on to youtube I go. lol

here are some pictures from yesterday
yes.gif
Laney is 223 days in foal today.

DSCN7515.JPG

DSCN7526-2.JPG

DSCN7536.JPG

and here is Ricky after a good roll. He has a sweet gum ball stuck in his tail and leaves in his mane lol

DSCN7505-2.JPG

Renee and Cassie- you both can bring your boys to show Ricky how it is done. I have been working with him on his lead and also trying to get him to play. I think he may be a little scared of the ball.. so I don't kick it at him I just roll it when he has gone to visit and seems to be bored with it and he jumps and trots a few feet then turns and looks. He'll go back and sniff it but nothing more. I am going to look into some training I can do with him that will also get him more active... on to youtube I go. lol

here are some pictures from yesterday
yes.gif
Laney is 223 days in foal today.

View attachment 5257

View attachment 5258

View attachment 5259

and here is Ricky after a good roll. He has a sweet gum ball stuck in his tail and leaves in his mane lol

View attachment 5260
How many days is Ricky???
default_biggrin.png
JK you know that I love that chubby little man! I hope he figures his ball out soon...i want to see video of him playing with it!!
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL yea I know right! He looks further a long then Laney! Has any of yours gotten a grass/hay belly, Jess? We are going to start to put him in his paddock some time before Laney so he isn't grazing quite so long and maybe it will help. I think his belly gets in the way of his playing lol

The pictures are great Megan. Dont cut back on Ricky's grass time, grass rarely causes tummies to 'drop'. He may just be a weanling/yearling who for his first year will tend to have a larger tummy (some do!), which will then sort itself out at he matures. Or it could be your hay - too much of it - which I doubt, or it could be that he still needs a higher protein.

Or maybe he just needs to take a bit more exercise and chase that ball around on a regular basis!! Do you think he would be more interested in a smaller ball?

Latest posts

Back