Driving Hours 2018

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cayuse, you are correct, I was supposed to go to the Spring Fling this weekend. Unfortunately, I had to be a grownup and not go. ? I had a huge income tax debt this year, and my real estate taxes took a jump, so I am tax poor. I couldn’t afford to take all the time off work (I work Thursday thru Sunday) and all the expense of going, so I am trying to enjoy driving my boys here at home. It’s just not the same.
I am sorry that you couldn't go.  My driving plans got changed this year too and it is disappointing.  But hey, we can come here and that is always fun ?.

Our property was reevaluated this year, I worry about our taxes going through the roof.

Weekend drivings: 

friday: 80 minutes with the team Moony/Teddy

saturday: 90 minutes with the team Massai/Teddy
50 minutes ground driving for Moony

Whew! You guys are driving faster than I can log hours. It cut me off on "reacting" to your comments so this post will be my marker of where I left off. I'm so sad to be missing all the spring driving.... horses and carts are still 300 miles apart from each other. June 7th is the date however. FIL is bringing home an empty cabinet trailer and has said he'll bring my wagonette and EE cart home!

1@Marsha Cassada[/USER] He's doing great, he's such an awesome boy! ? When I drive him single or ground driving he has room for improvement because controlling him to follow correctly the line instructions is not perfect, but it improve from time to time. In the team, he's working perfectly and he loves pulling!

1@MajorClementine[/USER] Oh, what a pity :(  But you can enjoy your horses without driving too! What about doing more ground driving work? Or hiking with the horses is fun too; we were on a short day trip in the alps on last sunday and we enjoyed it. Few weeks ago, I discovered a new discipline called "horse agility". Took a training course and work now with a trainer, we have our first competition on saturday.
So, if you're not able to drive, it's a great chance to do something complete different!

Drove Moony and Massai as a team yesterday again, 50 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
60 minutes for Dapper Dan today.  He was little powerhouse.  Lovely evening for a drive.  He was really moving on the gravel road and there were bits of gravel in the easy boots when we got home.  Not sure it would have caused a problem, but something to perhaps check on a longer drive.

Back