beau beaus own thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is your decision and I really don't want to be out of place but if he isn't in pain can you not just enjoy him and wait and see?

I understand that you are afraid to get too attached to him but please remember that it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved.

Hugs

ok this is one of worst thing that has happen to me ive waited 4 years for my first foal..and for this to happen has just broke me heart

it didnt take much convincing eagle ill keep him....i think i just needed to hear it......

Now I am crying again, Can you go and give Beau a big hug from me.

Xxx

More tears coming from me too - you gave me such a fright when I logged in to read Bree's (brilliant and factual) advice to you and then all the group hugs, I thought something awful had happened to little Beau!
default_unsure.png

Then I read those three little words "I'll keep him" and the tears of relief came.
default_yes.gif

He is such a special little man and he deserves a chance. So please go and give him a big hug from me too - and take a huge ((((HUG)))) for yourself Jenny coz you deserve it too!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

default_saludando.gif
thank you so much ive just been up in the paddock with little beau and give him a big cuddle for all of yous
default_wub.png

default_saludando.gif
beau today 31-10-11

only 1 photo as bloody battries went flat

mkhs47.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww there's our special boy, bless him!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

And look how he's stepping right on his 'bad' leg!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

There is that special little Beau!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah He is so cute
default_wub.png
default_cheekkiss.gif
Haven't read all to catch up, but I hear you are keeping him.
default_thumbup.gif
{{{{HUGS}}}} I am so thrilled. he is such a little love.

default_saludando.gif
thank you but the vet has told me as he gets older it will get worse iam hoping and praying hes WRONG

You and Beau will always be in my prayers. Vets have been known to be wrong. In my area at least so we can pray for the best for Beau and you. {{{HUGS}}}

When or IF that time comes you can re think.

default_saludando.gif
re think ,,,, like surgery no it will be to late for that ..but hes happy now.......man this is braking my heart

now with whats happen with saffire and dusty ,,,,,iam not handling this very well ,,,,,i dont need this sh#t

this is the first time ive breed and waited 4 years to do it this is just killing me

Take a deep breath and calm down
yes.gif
Breeding any animal is never easy but minis seem to make it even more complicated. I have had several mares foal out in the field all alone with no problems year after year, then I have 1 mare that has lost 3 foals whilst stabled and on cam, if I had bought her first I would have given up for sure.

You need to go in to breeding with your eyes wide open, you need to establish how far you are prepared to go and how much you can spend and then stick to those rules. It is not easy and it can be heartbreaking but if you really stand strong the rewards are amazing.

With Beau I personally would just treat him like any other foal and let him grow up, if in the future he is in pain and not leading a quality life then at that point I would evaluate having him PTS. In the meantime anything could happen so don't dwell on the bad things just relax and wait and see.

Hugs Renee

Wow a few pages on lil Beau to catch up on this morning and all I can say is.. your doing a fabulous job and nobody could handle it better or make any decisions easier than you could..Its very very hard thinking your playing God..your not.. your doing what you think is best for Beau and thats all anybody could ask from you
default_aktion033.gif
..Well Done on deciding to give him a chance to prove everyone wrong
default_aktion033.gif
It does happen
default_smile.png
and if things dont work out you can reflect and say at least you tried and you gave him the chance
default_wub.png
its so awfull for you..what your going through but try not to let it bring you down..take some time out for you and spoil yourself even if its just for an hour in the day..you really need to be on top form with all the crazy things happening in your pony world right now
default_yes.gif
It will get better and you can start to enjoy your fur kidz once again
default_wub.png
all the very best to you..{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}

default_saludando.gif
thannks so much for all the surport it truley does help me heaps
default_cheekkiss.gif
:CheekKiss

is it normal for little beau to wont to bite me all the time?????????????

default_saludando.gif
thannks so much for all the surport it truley does help me heaps
default_cheekkiss.gif
:CheekKiss

is it normal for little beau to wont to bite me all the time?????????????

default_yes.gif

Lyric got out of the habit very quickly.

Sterling is still learning.

Soon as they bite I make a big "AHHH!" sound and firmly push them away from me.

I swear the colts are worse then the fillies!

default_saludando.gif
ive been doing that but he just keeps on coming back for bite and its starting to hurt

default_saludando.gif
ive been doing that but he just keeps on coming back for bite and its starting to hurt

Push him right away and don't let him step back in. Even leave the paddock completely and try again later.

I'm not one for smacking at this age as they seem to think it's a game.

Problem is we tend to accidentaly encourage biting.

See we love it when the foals come over and we love it when they run their lips over us to investigate and when they start the nibble routine it's pretty cute and before you know it they are biting. Less cute!

Lyric never got to that point because she only came up to me in her early weeks. Sterling loves everyone and everyone loves him so he has just started to bite.

Best thing you can do is shove him away and treat him like any member of the herd would. The behaviour is not allowed and if he does it then it will not be fun. Don't worry about hurting their feelings either, Lyric got bopped on the butt with the feed bucket yesterday because she tried to kick in impatience. It didn't take her long to get over the whole "you bopped me!" sulk and come over for a cuddle.

What I do is I either poke his nose or pinch his nose when he comes in for a bite. Or poke him in the shoulder and squeal like a mare that is telling him to get away. I had one colt that was real bad at trying to bite and rear all the time when he was real little. But usually poking him like it feels you are biting back usually makes them stop and think next time.

Marsha

default_saludando.gif
the only real time i can get next to beau is when mum is eating...and when i say the ahhh word to beau sweety will walk

away so he will follow her to get him a away from me ....so sweety no's iam telling him off shes a clever cookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back