beau beaus own thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good for you, Jenny
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
Baby hugs and kisses
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah He is so adorable.
default_wub.png
. simply love the coloring. I'm still learning so can't really say.
default_no.gif
Don't worry too much about momma, she will come around. Just talk to her while you're giving Beau scratches. She knows when you are talking to her and when to Beau. It will work out.

Can't wait to have a little one to play with.

Hes just
default_wub.png
you could always try letting him nibble on a treat you know..your arms are certainly useful for future tasks ahead
default_yes.gif
haha know what you mean though something about those naughty nibbles that keep us coming back for more
default_rolleyes.gif

oh no! you poor thing, I was really lucky, Finn didn't have any scours at all when Suzie had her foal heat!
default_biggrin.png
I think he might have been feeling it though as he rubbed his little bottom raw
default_no.gif
poor baby...

come on Beau!! you can get through this little man!!!

yeah most definitley! the wise women on here will confirm but I think when they go on heat their milk gets stronger, or more concentrated... ? is that right Diane? Anna? Renee??

and gets passed through to the foal, who can't really cope with it...

we had it a few years back with our calves as there was to much green grass and the cow's milk was too strong... we lost 3-4 calves to it that year, ( but calf scours is VERY different to what little foals get with the foal heat!! )
default_yes.gif

Yes if Sweety is in heat that could be the problem, just try to wash him and keep him clean, if you really can't wash him with water baby wipes is better than nothing. Stick his head gently between your knees and scratch his back slowly working towards his bum, once he is used to the position you can wash him. Be quick and firm and then plenty of scratches after. Some freak at first but if you use a quiet voice and are quick he will soon learn.

Good luck,

Did you worm Sweety after she gave birth? Often a dose of ivermectin wormer within the first 24 hours will help prevent or at least lessen foal scours.

I didn't get a dose into Rivain early enough and Lyric had a short case of them. Derby and Sterling had no problems and I got Twinky in time both years.

I'm sure little Beau is suffering due to Sweety's foaling heat, so it will pass. But if you can do a little wiping session with - suggest slightly warmed baby wipes - then perhaps you could also smear a little warmed vaselene on his little buttocks - some foals lose their hair down their buttocks as the poo is pretty acidic. Warm everything a little if you can - cold baby wipes and cold vaselene can be a bit of a shock to a baby's botty!!

Yes well said Anna, I use Vaseline in a tube for this purpose and I stick the tube in my jeans pocket for about 20 minutes before and this will make it warm and soft.
yes.gif

default_no.gif
i dont want to say good bye to beau But when do i do it

WHAT DO I DO
default_no.gif
:No-Sad
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

default_no.gif
i dont want to say good bye to beau But when do i do it

WHAT DO I DO
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

Clear the day, warn friends/family of the event so you can have your space.

Plan how you will handle the body, if you plan to bury him have the hole dug.

Discuss this with your vet, understand the procedure and what to expect. Ask how he would prefer to handle things.

When everything is done give his mother time to mourn and say good bye. She needs to spend time with his body.

Know that this is not your fault, no part of it is. You CAN NOT blame yourself. Know that letting him go is the most selfless thing you can do, you are putting his needs and welfare above your own emotions.

Do not let ANYONE make you feel bad for the choice as it is always better to end things a week too early then a moment too late.

And then cry and scream and weep and generally be as big as an emotional wreck as you have to be. Because if you don't let it all out you will bottle it all up inside you and you can't go on. Take some time to look after yourself but enjoy the beautiful babies that are still on their way for you.

Clear the day, warn friends/family of the event so you can have your space.

Plan how you will handle the body, if you plan to bury him have the hole dug.

Discuss this with your vet, understand the procedure and what to expect. Ask how he would prefer to handle things.

When everything is done give his mother time to mourn and say good bye. She needs to spend time with his body.

Know that this is not your fault, no part of it is. You CAN NOT blame yourself. Know that letting him go is the most selfless thing you can do, you are putting his needs and welfare above your own emotions.

Do not let ANYONE make you feel bad for the choice as it is always better to end things a week too early then a moment too late.

And then cry and scream and weep and generally be as big as an emotional wreck as you have to be. Because if you don't let it all out you will bottle it all up inside you and you can't go on. Take some time to look after yourself but enjoy the beautiful babies that are still on their way for you.

default_saludando.gif
thanks that was so well said it just made me cry.... but it so true
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

oh god, pass the tissues
crybaby.gif
crybaby.gif

I think a group hug is needed (((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) We will be here for you when that time comes
cheekkiss.gif

group hug (((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Last edited by a moderator:
This is your decision and I really don't want to be out of place but if he isn't in pain can you not just enjoy him and wait and see?

I understand that you are afraid to get too attached to him but please remember that it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved.

Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back