April / Delilah / Vernica's Foaling thread Cam Up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_saludando.gif
I did the weefoal test today. The test says that it will give best results from day 120 to day 300 after that it is not always accurate. I got a definate positive
default_aktion033.gif
Since I've felt foal movement since I got her I am guessing at least 230 days, but not over 300. So I guess we have a ways to go. I will still keep checking her tho.Here are a couple of pics from today
IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

You can tell more from the front. I think bwdik

default_saludando.gif
i would,nt worry to much how big she is some mares dont even look pregnat and there in foal

are her udders getting bigger

So glad you got a positive result from the test Hazel, although it is pretty obvious that she is pregnant, especially, as Diane said, from looking at the 'head on' picture - she's also a very pretty girl!
default_wub.png

Can I ask a question please - for those of you who use the wee foal test? If the test says a positive reading up until 300 days, what does it 'say' if you keep using it on the same mare once she gets past the 300 days? And if it suddenly stops registering 'anything' at around the 300 day mark, could this give you an 'exact' date date of 300 days for a pregnant mare where her owners had no idea how far along she was?

I'm sure you intelligent folk realise what I'm trying to ask/suggest! LOL!! It was just a thought that popped into my mind - I do have them occasionally!

Delilah is looking absoloutly beautiful!!!! sorry I didn't comment earlier Hazel crazy weekend, worked a 12 hr shift at the vets saturday then worked another 8 hr shift at the vets sunday
default_rolleyes.gif
now back at the hardware today!!
default_wacko.png
LOL no rest for the wicked.

she is definitley looking preggars!!! I so can't wait for her to pop her beautiful little foal!!! all these little babies really make me wish Penny was in foal... (sigh) oh well I'll just get my foal fix from all of you lovely people!!!

Renee, your girls are looking absoloutly gorgeous... hey have you had much snow yet? a proper winter?? we are finally getting a normal summer with 39 degree days... I should really learn how to convert to farinheight (or however you spell it LOL 102 degrees farenheight.

Diane, I am so glad you are starting to feel better!!
default_aktion033.gif
you poor thing!! keep getting better!!
default_biggrin.png

I'm working on getting better, but slightly over-did today. My mom turned 82 yesterday, so I did a birthday dinner for her today with all the kids and grandkids, and her favorite cousin and her husband. So, a big family dinner with birthday cake and all the trimmings. I came home a bit early, as I did have to go to the ER and am now on some strong medication and some definite rest.

Can you tell -- I'm a really LOUSY patient -- I hate being held back from doing things I want to do. This getting old is the pitts!

But, I just come here to get my "joy" fix -- AND LOOK FOR PICTURES OF THAT FAVORITE PUPPY......
default_wacko.png
default_wub.png
NAUGHTY Aunty Diane!!!!!!!!

tsk tsk tsk!

you poor thing! please look after yourself!

hey Hazel, can you put up some new pics of that adorable puppy? maybe we can keep Diane from doing something naughty for just that little bit longer!!!
default_wink.png

Ok Auntie Diane, You have to be good for a little while. Don't do too much. Relaz and enjoy
default_wub.png
Here is your little love bug
340842_335210523169559_100000418411909_1228682_1047191609_o1.jpg

326947_335210786502866_100000418411909_1228688_1869909629_o1.jpg

May not be able to tell. but he has his eyes open now and starting to explore

default_aktion033.gif
It's sooo funny. I had not ever seen a dapple until we got Dudley for my hubby. He throws at least one Dapple with each litter. Cocoa had only one pup and it is a dapple and a little girl. So Dudley has two daughter and one son that are dapple.

I'll have to take some more pics tomorrow while he is exploring and maybe get the little girl away from her mom long enough to get a pic of her

default_saludando.gif
what a cute little puppy,,,,oh you must rest ..i know how frustrating it is when your sick but the more you

rest the better..if we all lived closer we would be all over to look after you
default_yes.gif

now be a good girl and do as your told
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif

YAY Hazel!!!

they are SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
:wub LOVE all of them!! its a good thing I don't live near you otherwise LOL I think you would soon be missing one hehe.
default_unsure.png

good girl Diane we can't have you getting sicker again! now I know this is Hazel's thread but quick question for Aunty Diane :D have you put any of your girls into foal for this season? and if so how many??
default_biggrin.png
I know Renee has got her lovely ladies, and Anna has some that I know of.... Anna how many have you got in foal?
default_aktion033.gif

Hazel is it just Delilah you have in foal? or do you have another mare due too? hehe sorry can't remember
default_rolleyes.gif

Ooooooo more puppy pictures!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

They are just so scrummy, wish I could have a cuddle.
default_yes.gif

Diane, you really must take some serious rest time from now on - yes I do know how you felt it necessary to 'pull all the stops out' for your Mum's Birthday, but we all INSIST that you now take care of YOURSELF for a while!!!

OK if we are doing a 'hopefully in foal' list for this coming year, here are mine.....

Nutty to Dragon for her last foal (she's 22 this year and as we no longer breed her every year, she will be too old to cover again in the future, anyway she must have given us some 10-12 babies since I got her in the summer of her 3rd year!!)

Neyla (Nutty daughter) to Dragon for her second foal, a repeat mating.

Lady (Nutty daughter) to Dragon for a second foal.

Narcotics (Nutty daughter) to Spotbum (Cotics is 17 this year, lost a filly in the bag last year to Spotbum, so we bred her again. She's a snowflake spotty (by my old blanket spot boy Patch) so we are hoping for a spotty baby - filly she lost was pale chestnut with spots on its botty)

Nell (Costics daughter) also to Spotbum for her second foal.

Prue to Dragon for her fourth foal.

Vee to Dragon for her fourth foal

Neyla, Lady, Nell and Prue are all by my late black and white mini Shetland (British) stallion Romany Kajun who, for those of you that know British Shetlands, was the son of Romany Paco.

They were all covered late (August) as per the plan we are experimenting with right now, so not due until July approx. Nutty has told me she's pregnant so I'm hoping it is not wishful thinking on her part. Narcotics and Vee MUST be in foal as they are a right grumpy pair and keep attacking anyone invading their personal space (also they are usually enemies but now they are mostly to be found sharing the same blade of grass!!
default_rolleyes.gif
)

I think Prue is pregnant, not sure about Lady, as for Nell, well she is just a fat pig!! She feeds herself and in 2010 produced a tiny skinny little filly, who she really wasn't interested in, including not providing that much milk, so she is obviously one who grabs all the food for herself and gives nothing much to feeding her developing baby in utero! Will be interested to see what happen this time - if she's actually in foal!

That's my lot - will be going out to try the ring test when we eventually get a day where the wind isn't blowing up a storm, so will let you know the results.
default_yes.gif

Thank you Diane and Cassie. I think they are pretty special too.

Well I have 2 in foal. Delilah and April. April is due the 28th of May and of course We're not sure when Delilah is due. Was thinking January, but now looks like February. We'll see.

Aww! Those pups are all so cute!

And Delilah is such a pretty mare!

wub.gif

April is a smokey black and white pinto and the sire is a sorrel and white pinto . He is the one in my avitar. This should be one small foal. April is 30" and Juan is 28.75".

Thank ya'll, All the puppies are like the mins spoiled rotten, but that is ok.

Latest posts

Back