HPR 2024

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little guy all dry and a couple days old. Still figuring out those legs. I’ve got his registered name figured out I think. Still working on a barn name. May not know roan status until he sheds, but he’s definitely buckskin.

Attachments

• IMG_6212.jpeg
    IMG_6212.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6272.jpeg
    IMG_6272.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6275.jpeg
    IMG_6275.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
Thought y’all might like this. Recording of Bess foaling. It was a bit spooky her rolling and laying on her back. That’s always a concerning sign and after I gave her a bit I decided to make sure the foal was positioned right. He had one leg caught behind his head. Once I got that corrected, he popped right out. Note, I am NOT pulling him. Just holding while she pushes.

Last edited:
It has always amazed me how once it's time it's TIME and that baby is coming out in a hurry. Really interesting how she laid on her back to strain. Great video!

It has always amazed me how once it's time it's TIME and that baby is coming out in a hurry. Really interesting how she laid on her back to strain. Great video!

when they go on their back like that it is often a sign of dystocia. Not always but frequently. With the fact she did have a minor dystocia, it would make sense. Trying to reposition the baby.

Girls are trudging along here. Getting bigger and bigger. Can feel those babies kicking which is pretty awesome after all that Rythem went through and not even knowing Belle was in foal till a short while ago! Rythem is now 242 and Belle is 267 so about a month from her going under camera. They’ll be on Marewatchers again. But figured now was a good time to update and also to let y’all know of some exciting news with Marewatchers! We made a discord sever. This allows each camera owner to have a page for updates and then several chat channels. But the most exciting part is that it is set up to send alerts when people notice a mare foaling! Hopefully this will make it easier for watchers to catch foalings. If you are interested in joining (it’s free) send me a pm and I’ll send you an invite!

Attachments

• IMG_7455.jpeg
    IMG_7455.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7421.jpeg
    IMG_7421.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Thank you for sharing! Belle and Rythem look calm and relaxed, hoping you feel the same!

Your technology sounds like wonderful support for pregnant mare owners. No clue what a ‘discord server’ is but I can appreciate the outcome! 😂

Latest posts

Back