April / Delilah / Vernica's Foaling thread Cam Up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never used one so I am not sure at what stage of the pregnancy they work, maybe someone else can help you more. It said in the email that she was bred in Feb and then left with the stallion so it might help if you could ask until when they were together.

Sorry I am not much help!

Thank you Renee,

I have ordered the weefoal 120 test. This test can be used from 120 days to 300 days so it should at least tell me she is preggers even tho it won't say when. It should be in this week and I have sent an email to the prevous owner asking all kinds of questions. Any way we'll find out something. There's a lot of questions I should have asked a long time ago
default_frusty.gif
:frusty
default_frusty.gif

I will propably be glued to her for 24 hrs.next weekend
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif
. Like my Grandson. He gets in the pen and follows one around and around the pen. Doing his talk to her. If he wants to catch her he just walks around behind her saying "whoa". Sometimes they do pretty quick, other times they may walk for an hour like that.
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Hazel, do you know exactly when she was separated from the stallion and/or when exactly she changed hands? Also (sorry cant remember) how tall is Delilah, has she foaled before and how tall is the stallion?

Just thinking that possibly she could be carrying a small foal (filly?) or maybe not due for another 6 weeks or even longer if she is a mare who normally goes over her due dates???

Hey Renee, I have nothing against those who want to do milk tests, I just dont use them myself, mostly because I was told years ago that there is a slight possibility an infection could enter via an 'open' test once the seal is broken. Also I feel that some mares get very stressed at owners who insist on pulling at the teats trying to get a few drops of milk - not a problem of course if a mare is happy being handled in that area.
default_yes.gif

Now the wee test I think is great - mostly because I love hearing the stories of the antics that owners get up to in their attempts to collect a sample LOL!!

That is a seriously cute little pup!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Hi Anna,

Let's see if I can answer all your questions.

Delilah is about 33" tall and has had at l least one foal

Tamboro the stallion not sure how tall he is

I don't have any foaling history on her, but am trying to get some. Filly is what the nail test said.

I'm going to have to start a notebook on all this stuff. I've got pictures. According to what I was told she ran with the stallion from July10 to Feb. '11, but I'm not sure how much she was with him after that. I know one health cert. was done on the 9th of March for when she was shipped to Georgia. I am assuming she was still with the stallion at that point. This is where it gets confusing. I have a vet cert. from Texas dated on 3/9/2011 and on this same one another test result from UT dated 9/28/11. so I'm thinking She went from Texas to Georgia to Utah and then back to Georgia and then here to me. How much of that time she spent with the stallion I'm not sure. I'm trying to get more information on that.

I just came in from feeding and I know I felt kicks
default_wacko.png
. Not real hard ones, but they were kicks
default_wacko.png
. I'll be ready for the looney bin before long
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl maybe I'm already there
default_new_rofl.gif

default_saludando.gif
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Yea our teacher is back
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
I am so sorry you were so ill.
default_no.gif
Darn if we only lived closer I could have come to help out. I am very glad that you are on the mend now. You have been missed on here very very much.
default_wub.png
. The little boy has his eyes open and starting to explore. Him and his sisters are beginning to bark when I go in the room now. It sounds so adorable.You know I have another baby now too. This one is a little girl. I'll try to get pics posted of her also.

Thank you so much for the information on Delilah and I will be emailing Jay to ask.
default_aktion033.gif
As soon as I find out what he says I'll let ya'll know.

Oh Diane, I am so sorry that you have been sick and over the hols too, at least uou had family there to help you. Get well and take care

default_saludando.gif
sorry to hear youve been sick with pneumonia i got pneumonia when my first mare

was nearly due to foal...it is really horrible pneumonia.. i hope you get better real soon.

sending you some real big hugs
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

That is a very colorful puppy! SO cute!

Diane- Sorry you have been sick. I hope you get better really really soon!

Thank you my friends. I'm not a "very good" sick person, and it makes caring for my mom very hard. My boys have really helped out with taking care of her and helping with the horses, thank goodness, since I try not to be around her when I'm sick, as I don't want her to catch anything. So, I just stay shut away in my house.

Hazel -- I look forward to the pictures! Like my stallions that I love, I'm most fond of the little boy personalities in dogs too! But, I can't wait for more pictures!

Hope you get well soon..everything is such an effort when your not feeling so good
default_wub.png

So far this is what I have found out. Delilah ran with the Stallion Tamboro from July til about the 10th or 11th of March at which time she was shipped to Georgia. There she was still with the same stallion for a few weeks ( guessing 3) then shipped to Utah. She was there until the first part of October. At that point she was shipped back to Georgia and then shipped to me on the first of December. A girl after my own heart as I love to travel too.
default_new_rofl.gif

Anyway with this information I can see where she could go another 6 weeks or maybe a little longer than that.

I did notice this evening when I was feeding that right in front of her tits where the skin has been smooth it has changed. Feels like her tits have grown wider. If that makes any sense. The skin is no longer smooth. It sags.

WOW!! Lots of info to catch up on over this last page!

Diane, I'm so sorry you have been ill, you should have said something so tha we could all have sent healing thoughts in your direction! Hopefully you will be fully recovered very soon, but do take care of yourself - no overdoing it!!
default_nono.gif

Goodness there is certainly some new info about Delilah - she has done quite a bit of tavelling, bless her! But that change that you are seeing/feeling in front of her teat area is good, it's another sign of her moving in the right direction.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Maybe we will have to wait a little bit longer than we first thought for this baby, but it is ON THE WAY!
default_biggrin.png

Thanks Anna, That's the first real encouraging news I've heard.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah "She's moving in the right direction"
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Those words are music to my ears.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Now I can handle a little longer wait, if need be.

Yes Hazel I agree
yes.gif
all the new info is very encouraging too
yes.gif
We know she has a bun in the oven but the oven is on low
new_rofl.gif

It just means that the pressure is off for a little while if she ran with the stallion till the end of March. The later baby arrives the easier it will be on you all as it won't be so cold.

Hazel just for reference I have posted pics of my girls that are due in May/June. O.K I know they are VERY fat but you can see their tummies.

This one was US positive.

and Delilah

404760_331066680250610_100000418411909_1215613_1206306940_n1.jpg

She looks much better than my fat lumps
laugh.gif
Maybe we can have a race
yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Good girl Diane, please take care and get well soon. Xxc

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you are being careful Diane, it is SO GOOD to have you back amongst us!
default_yes.gif

Oh Renee, what super chunka monkas you have there, I just love them.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

This year, by hook or by crook we will get Britt her healthy baby.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Thank you Diane, I am so glad you are feeling better. Still take it real easy we don't want you having a relapse.
default_no.gif

Renee, yours are so adorable. I just love the little chunkies.

I may start taking pics from the front of Delilah. You can see her sides from that direction. I think she's like her momma, her butt is just to big
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Can't stay long tonight I have a quilt I have to finish for a friend, so I need to get back to the shop. I'll try to check in later.

Latest posts

Back