April / Delilah / Vernica's Foaling thread Cam Up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok According to the bag directions Delilah should be getting 2lbs. of Miniature horse and pony. I just weighed a cup of it and it weighs 1/2lb, so between that and the mare and foal she is only getting half of what she needs.
default_no.gif
I'll be increasing her pellets as well as her hay. While I was outside I spread another flake abound her outside area.
default_doh.gif
I had just been feeding her like I feed the other two and didn't take into account her being bigger and preggers
default_doh.gif
. I feel so stupid. poor baby. She is such a doll and I haven't been feeding her enough.
default_frusty.gif
:frusty
default_frusty.gif
You doing a great job looking after her Hazel!! don't feel bad we all make mistakes and the fact that you are listening and learning from these wonderful ladies shows how much you love and care for your girls!! I agree with Anna, build up her condition a bit more so she has enough nutrients and good stuff that she will be able to feed her baby without taking from her own fat stores... I'm sure you will have no problem getting the little excess weight off her after she foals
default_yes.gif
unless you in my case n my silly Suzie won't lose the weight! and reckons she is starving !! LOL
default_doh.gif

Thanks guys. We did farrier work yesterday a and cleaned stalls and paddocks. Rain started last night so we will have it all to do again. Delilah likes the rain. She has been out in it most of the morning. Hubby is watching the camera. Silly girl. II'd stay out of the rain and stay dry

default_saludando.gif
my mares would stand in the rain. but when the foals came and it rains thay run into there stables

clever girls....................

Good luck Hazel, cos mine don't
rolleyes.gif
they stand out in the pouring rain with their babies
closedeyes.gif
but I think it bothers me more than it does the babies cos they seem happy enough even when they are soaked
wacko.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck Hazel, cos mine don't
default_rolleyes.gif
they stand out in the pouring rain with their babies
closedeyes.gif
but I think it bothers me more than it does the babies cos they seem happy enough even when they are soaked
default_wacko.png
Same here Renee!!
default_wacko.png
silly mares!! Finn loves jumping in the puddles!
default_rolleyes.gif

Hi Diane, Let me see if I can get some new ones. Roxie is sharing the bedroom with two of the granddaughters this week so she has gotten over the protective stage. I'll post some in just a little bit.

He is a little cutie.It's not very often you get a Dapple, but his dad is a dapple, but the older he gets the less dapple he has and more solid black and tan.

Aww he is just so cute - would love to see pics of his Momma and Papa too.
default_yes.gif

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!

The one on the left is the sister and the one on the right is daddy. they usually get to about 9 inches tall and weigh about 8 or 9 pounds. They are not big dogs. They are great family dogs. Dalton has wagged they around since he was big enough to pick them up and none of them have ever tried to bite or snap at him, but they really let you know if someone drive up on the place.

We are going up to Mirrie's in a little while and I plan on taking pictures of Son Rise and Vernica. I'm excited to see them. It has been two weeks since I've been up there. Sure will be glad to get them all together again.

Everyone have a wonderful Christmas and I'll be checking in on my cell phone.

New Pics of Delilah. Poor baby could sure use a bath, but it's too cold right now.
IMG_0826.jpg
IMG_0827.jpg

She is a little lopsided in this shot. I figured out from the paperwork that she ran with the stallion probably until at least the 9th of March 2010. That was when the health certificate was done to ship her to Georgia. What do ya'll think another month?

hard to tell, but yeah... maybe even more? but I am not expert hehe

she looks gorgeous though!! and don't worry bout the whole bath thing!! LOL I'm sure she would get just as dirty just as quick!
default_rolleyes.gif

default_saludando.gif
what a pretty little girl
default_wub.png
i reckon she,ll foal about the 10th of feb has she started to bag up yet

default_saludando.gif
No Jenn , she's not bagging up yet. That's why just the side veiw. She does look deeper in the belly than she did on the 11th, but no "v". Each time I post pics here I also print them so I can compare
default_aktion033.gif
Ther is a little difference, but not much. I try to stay at the same angle and about the same distance. Time will tell I guess.
default_wacko.png
Not much sleep last night. The dogs kept me awake most of the night. Couldn't figure out what was wrong with them. Just constant noise all night.
default_wacko.png

Lol you poor thing! It's probably good that Delilah has a a little longer to go
default_smile.png
the puppies will be older n less demanding n you might be able to catch up on sleep ;)

Well home at last and exhausted. But I still have horses to feed dogs to let out again and guess what!!

Coca has a baby!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
A beautiful little dapple puppy
default_wub.png
. She is protective so am not sure if it is a girl or boy. Diane I think this one is even prettier, if possible, than Roxie's little boy.
default_wub.png
Whew! That is why they were so noisey last night. Cocoa was trying to figure out where she wanted to have her puppy and be safe and Jaz was out. I forgot to make sure he was in his room last night.
default_frusty.gif
:frusty That's what happens when your routine is broken.
default_doh.gif
Maybe things will get back to normal. Of course we still have one more holiday next week so a three day weekend. I really enjoy them, but my first day back to work is always crazy.
default_mlala.gif
this is the way I feel by the end of the day with everybody wantiing this or that. Hope everyone elses day went better.

default_saludando.gif
oh congrats on your puppy,, she only had 1 puppy wow

cant wait for pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
Back