Zylexis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
Has anybody used it and did you feel it to be effective? It's pretty new on the market and I'm trying it on my show horses.

Yes, I used it last year before Nationals on my vets recommendation. I had a horse come down with a virus the day she was out doing boosters on my national bound horses. We walked in the barn and found a colt depressed, snotty and feverish. Was fine the night before and even that morning but sicker than sick by the afternoon.

That close to Nationals I was freaking about it going through the barn so we gave immuno booster shots to everyone. No one else got sick.

I dont know if I was lucky or the fact that I immediately removed the sick horse from others or the shot worked.

We took weanlings to Nationals for the first time this year. Our vet suggested an immune booster as opposed to giving vaccines. All three weanlings were given Zylexis. It was expensive, but well worth it and I will do it again this year, I will probably recommend it to all my clients as well. It is fine for those clients that don't want the added expense, but for me it really worked well. I felt the cost outweighed the possibility of my babies picking something up and me spending months trying to get them over it.

I know one person that purchased a horse and had it delivered to Nationals, we brought it home, it had a cough and a slight snotty nose at Nationals. She has been on all kinds of antibiotics etc and just can't seem to shake it. She has been home with the owner since Sept and she has one of the top vets in the NW working with her. The filly was a weanling.

The horses did not show any ill effects from the shot either.

Thanks for your input! Did you give one dose or two?

I have some sick horses on it right now and the vet is having me give them two doses. Are you going to give it once in the season, before every show or how are you going to dose it?

Latest posts

Back