Youths Showing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LC Farm

Reaction score
What all do youths need to show in pinto and AMHR besides a youth membership. Is there a youth card or something? Also what do they wear to show halter in?

They now have to get a new youth card every year with AMHR, but there's no charge for it.

The form in on the website.

Clothing wise, they all dress more or less the same as the adults.

In pinto you also have to pay for a youth card. I believe you have to pay every year in pinto

I have seen kids wear everything from black jeans and a nice shirt to a suit. Kyle wears a dress shirt and tie with black jeans to local shows. National shows and congress he wears a suit and tie. Oh also kyle has always worn a western hat.

Now remember youth showmanship is much different from youth halter. Then they have to wear a suit, boots, hat and gloves and cleanliness of the handler is a huge part of the score

We show AMHA and Jessie has a youth card. I don't know if we have to get the youth card every year or not. I guess we will find out at the may show since that is where she got her youth card anyway. As for what to wear, Jessie has a black velvet jacket and white ruffely blouse. When she drives she pairs it with a black velvet skirt and when she does Liberty she wears some black slaks she has. This year we are hitting some of the thrift stores for a couple of dresses she can use for driving.

Latest posts

Back