Youth Picture Frames - Ray & Vicki Tobin

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetOpal

Reaction score
I realize this is a little on the late side. However I am cleaning house from top to bottom
default_new_shocked.gif
as we are in the process of listing our home, and I came across this green box and remembered that Jessi had said it was a gift she got at Congress. I opened the box to find the most GORGEOUS picture frame that was engraved! There was no letter or mention of who the frame was from or if it was an award. When Jess came home I asked her and she said that every kid recieved one at Congress. I emailed the youth committee to find out that it was donated by [SIZE=36pt]Ray and Vicki Tobin of RayVak Miniatures in Arkansas! [/SIZE]

I want to take the time to personally thank these wonderful people for such a special gift as this donation to the kids! The frame is truly just beautiful! One that my daughter will use forever! We put Jessica's win picture in it with Michigans Hart of an Apache. She won the Youth Modern Country Pleasure Driving class. I wish I had known sooner that this was a donation by an individual! This truly is probably one of the nicest picture frames I have seen! Thank you so much Ray and Vicki!!!! And one of the most generous donators to the program this year!!!! Way to go RAYVIK!!!!
default_wub.png

You may know them from the Waterin Hole at Nationals! She is the cute petite little blonde haired lady that is best friends with Erica's mom Linda!!

I wholeheartedly agree! I tried to find out who donated them but couldnt so thanks for posting that. These frames are just beautiful! Kyle put his Congress champion pic in his and just loves it. Thanks so much for donating!

Kay

They are awesome people !! We put a full page thank you in the National Program to both them and the Watering Hole. The Watering Hole donated the monies for the Subway Lunch for the youth at the National Show. They are also working with us to start a Youth Foundation that will benefit all of the ASPC/AMHR Youth - not just the ones that make it to Congress and Nationals.

Lisa - Ozark

I had the opportunity to spend some time with these awesome people at the Watern' Hole at Nationals. They care so much about the youth and are truly kind people. I love my picture frame, it's a definite keepsake and will always bring back memories of my first Nationals, especially when I get my Washburn picture to fill it
default_wink.png

So yes, a huge thank you to Ray and Vickie is in order
default_biggrin.png

I have met the Tobins before at Nationals, they are the most generous people and I am sure those donations came from the heart
default_wub.png
:wub.

Would love to see a photo too, Jennifer!

Last edited by a moderator:
They are awesome people !! We put a full page thank you in the National Program to both them and the Watering Hole. The Watering Hole donated the monies for the Subway Lunch for the youth at the National Show. They are also working with us to start a Youth Foundation that will benefit all of the ASPC/AMHR Youth - not just the ones that make it to Congress and Nationals. Lisa - Ozark

Glad to know they were publically thanked, however Congress didn't have a program so that is more than likely why I had no idea where it came from!
default_wub.png

The youth Foundation sounds very interesting, when do you expect we will be able to find out more about that? I have always heard parents wishing there was something a bit more for the kids that are not able to go exhibit at Congress and Nationals, so hopefully this will give them something as well for loving thier horses!

The frame is just beautiful and very much appreciated here. Raven took forever to decide what photo she would be getting (thanks again Washburn for that gift to the kids as well) so she could put it in that wonderful frame!

Thanks also for the subway lunch not sure Raven made it there (sigh she is a vegatarian which makes like a bit more difficult for me and her surrogate mom Lori G) lol but she went over a couple times to the watering hole to try and meet Erica but she said Erica was always busy and I think Raven got a bit shy

Thanks to all of those who donate so graciously to the youth gift bags. It is something wonderful for all those kids to get

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they are beautiful Frames thanks again for donating, now my sister is just waiting for her Washburn picture to put in it. I was really surprised with all the gifts that were given out to the youth, thanks to everyone that donated, those kids had a great time!!

Oh my gosh Ray and Vicki are AMAZING people!!! We spent the whole 2 weeks at nationals with them and it was awesome Vicki is definatly the sweetest person you'll ever meet!!
default_wub.png

I had the honor of doing the engraving for the Tobins. I heard so many people at Congress and Nationals commenting on how much the kids appreciated those beautiful frames. I think it is something they will really treasure.

This is the Nationals version...the Congress version had a different decoration at the top.

I too would like to thank the Tobins for giving me the opportunity to do the engraving on their gifts.

amhrFR09.jpg

I AM SO GALD THAT SOME ONE HAS BROUGHT THIS UP . Ray and Vickie have done soooooooo much for the youth !!!!!!!!!!

I was disappointed that there was no announcement in center ring of all they have done. I have a neice who shows , and is so thrilled about what she recieves , THANKS TO RAY AND VICKIE. And the thing about it is that they truley care about these kids. They were also respondsible for ALL of the kids recieving the big throphy's at nationals. They also donate the prizes for the youth at are local area shows, which constist of directors chairs, chyrstal ect... They deserve alot of recognition, but I havent really heard much, so I sure am glad to see this.

I am proud to call them my good friends and am VERY thankful for all they have done and continue to do. I just wish everyone knew all they have done. Love' em
default_wink.png

Linda Killion

It was my fault that they did not get thanked in center ring. We did all of the awards (which there was a lot) and I simply did not think. We also did not thank all of the vendors who donated to the great Youth Bucket this year. I have written that down in my notes for next year !!!! The Youth committee did thank yous in the nationals program but should have done more.

We hope to have the information on the Youth Foundation finalized by Convention. Once we have the outline completed then we are going to ask for suggestions and help. We are going to try to actively involve all of the local clubs. We want all of the kids rewarded for their work with their minis and in the community. This foundation will be solely funded by donations. We had a great start at Nationals. The Ice Cream Cart was donated - after the first of the year the kids will be able to sell raffle tickets, and Washburn donated the monies from the Pet Picture Competition. We are trying to come up with some other fun money making ideas. We want the kids to participate in helping raise the monies since it is their program.

Thanks, Lisa - Ozark

[SIZE=14pt]I also would like to thank Ray & Vickie for all they do for the children.. I really would like to thank them for offering to help the trainer committee in making sure that all the classes recieve the Giant Trophy's for first place. The Trainers committee has always given them for the performance classes but never had enough money to give to all the classes, Now the Tobins made that possible.. !!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
And like Linda said on the local level it is amazing what they do for the kids... It is so nice to have folks such as the Tobins in our Assoc[/SIZE]..

Ray and Vicki are wonderful people, we do not have any youth at the moment, but have in the past and I know how much these gifts mean to them. Thank you to you both for having such generous hearts!
default_aktion033.gif

Back