Youth AMHR Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaB Ozark

Reaction score
I think this has already been posted but I want to make sure that no youth are disqualified at AMHR Nationals.

NOTICE:

This is a reminder to those who have youth exhibiting in Roadster and under saddle classes which includes Leadline, of the helmet rule that went into effect in 2008 but seems several parents are unaware of. The rule reads as follows:

Page 264/part16/J

All youth MUST wear protective headgear (Certified ASTM/SEI) in Roadster and Under Saddle Classes. Headgear harness must be secured and properly fitted.

THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED!

GREAT RULE!! I was instrumental in getting a similar rule passed for New England Pinto a few years ago, and the first year it was in effect it likely saved a child from serious injury. The boy was not even IN the ring, but waiting to go in for a lead line class when there was a disturbance at the in gate and he went off and landed under his pony. His mother told me he would never have been wearing a helmet if it hadn't been for that rule.

I'll have my granddaughter's helmet's with me and they are not showing this year so if anyone gets caught without one just come look me up and you can borrow it.

Latest posts

Back