Your Show Carts - What color?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmkrieg

Reaction score
Hello, I found a beautiful show cart that I just love. I will be picking it up very soon. However its the most gorgeous dark Emerald Green with gold pin striping (I just love it), its a Jerald show cart and my favorite color. But I haven't really seen one like that in the show ring. All I ever really see is Black. So I was wondering what color other people have and if they have any pictures. :aktion033:

:new_shocked: You posted almost exactly what I was going to, right down to the color of the cart I was considering ordering! I'll be interested to hear the replies. I'd be getting mine with matching wooden wheels and in more of a road cart style. I think it would look awesome with my red chestnut.

Leia

My show cart is Black with silver pin striping. I would like a different seat for it but don't know how to get one. Actually, I would like a seat more like is on the Jerald cart. But, I have what I have. and it is nice.

I have done all sorts of interesting colors with our carts. This years nationals carts i made one with a light blue base with purple sponged poka dots kind of.. and the other was light blue base with royal blue swirls. Last year for nationals i had a solid purple with turquois pin stripes. We also stock royal blue, Hunter green carts. they are very sharp colors on a cart. I think the reason you only see black in mini's mostly is because that's all the bigger companies offer unless you spend a lot on customization.

blue%20swirl%20cart%203.JPG

close%20up%20of%20blue%20swirl.JPG

purple%20dot%20cart.JPG

close%20up%20of%20purple%20dot.JPG

last years purple nationals cart

14_purplecart.JPG

This is a roadster that we made that was used at nationals as well it was quite striking!

lime1.JPG

lime3.JPG

and here's one of our royal blue with silver pin stripes

Linkdriving1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My open wheel cart is burgandy with gold pinstripe which I love but doesn't match every color of outfit as easily as a black cart(red or purple would look gross) but I wanted something unique and I love it!

003_3-1.jpg

The roadster cart I've been using(actually my Dad's) is black with cream and red pinstripes. He is going to make me one this winter, I will probably go with similar colors since I really like the way it looks.

Pam

005_5.jpg

My mini Jerald was black with gold and silver pinstriping. It went with everything and of course for re-sale it was desirable.

When I order a pony Jerald I am going to get the same coloring. I DO love purple, but not everyone else does... and it might not go with what I'm wearing at the time.

Andrea

Last edited by a moderator:
I drove my new Jerald for the first time this weekend, and love it. It's a walnut stain with black pinstriping, very pretty with a bay horse.

Jan

Why would purple or red be gross? Isnt burgundy just another shade of red? I would think the purple would be striking with a grey with the driver dressed in the same shade.

My Houghton show cart is deep plum w/ a lavendar stripe. I get lots of compliments on it and love it. In addition to these 16" wheels, I also have 20" ones (which are currently on it but not in the picture).

driving%20derby%20driving.jpg

Why would purple or red be gross? Isnt burgundy just another shade of red? I would think the purple would be striking with a grey with the driver dressed in the same shade.
I meant wearing red or purple with my burgandy cart would look gross, not that a purple or red cart would be gross... :bgrin

My Jerald closed wheel has a black and silver pin strip. My Open wheel has a double silver strip with a teal green strip in the middle and silver trim such as the whip holder and shaft stops.

My Jerald is just plain black - no stripes. I ordered it that way, because I like simple elegance. And it goes with anything and everything. Plus, if I changed my mind, I can always add pinstripes later.

If I could order another one, I'd go for a natural wood stain. I think they look very classy. BigGrin

I also like the darker colours - burgundy, green etc etc.

tbdriving3.jpg

See I knew purple with driver dressed to mach would be stunning Jill your plum cart with you dressed to match is outstanding. Plum is just another shade of purple.

Some very pretty carts! I never even thought about all the colors they could come in; I am used to seeing/thinking of them in black or "wood" shades. But I definitely like the originality of the different colors. BigGrin

My Jerald is just plain black - no stripes. I ordered it that way, because I like simple elegance. And it goes with anything and everything. Plus, if I changed my mind, I can always add pinstripes later.

If I could order another one, I'd go for a natural wood stain. I think they look very classy. BigGrin

I also like the darker colours - burgundy, green etc etc.

tbdriving3.jpg
Oh! I do really like yours w/o a pinstripe yes yes yes It does look very elegant.

I have owned three Jeralds; still have one-an obstacle cart- and all have been the same lovely green with russet pinstripe. (Actually, it is Dupont 'Fruehauf Green'--and the designation of 'deep emerald green' would probably describe it well!)I kind of think I may have been the first to order that particular color in a mini cart from Jerald, back when, as I went down to the auto paint store and selected it, then called Jerald with the paint name and number-this back in the later '80s.) I am very partial to orange and green; they are complementary colors(directly across the color wheel from each other), so go well together. They were/are my 'farm colors', from the first. I am so partial to green that every painted vehicle I own/have owned, has been some variation--my trap, my Glinkowski marathon vehicle, and my Bennington are ALL 'hunter green' or some variation thereof!

In 'formal' pleasure driving(light horses, not necessarily draft), the most widely-seen colors for painted vehicles are: Maroon, Navy, Hunter Green, and of course, Black. As someone who believes in tradition, those colors, or minor variations thereof, are what I like best to see. I also like natural wood finish.

Margo

I have a natural wood stained meadowbrook with a silver chrome rein rail and black patent on certain parts, and it looks awesome on my 37.5 inch gelding who is a silver dapple pinto....

My Jerald is a mahogany stain with gold and burgundy pinstripes and the metal is painted burgundy. It can look somewhat different depending on the light in the arena, what I am wearing, and which color horse I am driving. Here I am wearing a few different colors with it, and with a couple of different horses. I get so many compliments on my cart, I just love it.

Cavalcade2007-driving2.jpg

Cavalcade2007-driving4.jpg

OG2007-driving2.jpg

OG2007-winning.jpg

Cavalcade2007-driving3.jpg

Cavalcade2007-driving1.jpg

Latest posts

Back