Your home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MindyLee

Reaction score
I have seen a few of your homes/propertys and drool
default_drool5.gif

Lets see where we all call home!

Here's mine! 1300 sq ft brick ranch on 12 acres, 3 miles from town/work. I have woods, huge field, a creek, pond, and a big iris/daylilly field.

All that call this home is...

8 A sized mini horses

27 fancy booted bantam chickens

6 netherland dwarf bunnys

2 mute swans

1 indoor dog

1 indoor cat

me and hubby!

100_1799.jpg

I agree about seeing other people's farm...
default_drool5.gif

Deb and I rent, so "our" farm is not fancy or anything...just a place we call home for now.
default_wink.png
It is a 3/2 + office Manufactured Home on 2.5 acres.

It is home to:

Deb and me

4 indoor dogs

3 outdoor cats

1 donkey

12 Minis/Shetlands

(+ 2 not living there)

IMG_3766.jpg

IMG_8133.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lately, I kinda feel like I live at my offices!!! Been so busy, but my favorite place on the planet is HOME.

Our home is:

• Harvey ("H") and I
  • Seven dogs (5 shih-tzu, 1 collie, 1 lab x chow)
  • 20 some horses, including Squirt who is with Erica and Rocket, my big horse, who boards at a riding stable around the corner from me
  • 4 Nigerian dwarf goats
  • 3 cats (2 Maine Coon and one Domestic Long Hair)
  • 4 large aquariums of fish

I think that's all! Pictures below
default_yes.gif

House%20Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20074.jpg

Looking%20Back%20Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20147.jpg

Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20059.jpg

Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20058.jpg

Go to my website and look at the photos of our farm. This is my little piece of heaven on earth. We are surrounded by mountains.

399918423.jpg

397048945.jpg

383298684.jpg

347282401.jpg

337231041.jpg

Nixons HIll Farms, Seaforth, Ontario, Canada

190 acres, miniature horses, 4 papillons, 2 irish setters, 2 border collies, 1 english setter, 3 barn cats, and that's it
default_laugh.png

Here's our home, we've lived here for six and a half years now, had to build everything from scratch. We love it! This is from the back of our property:
farm_02.jpg
Horses in the fields:
farm_05.jpg
farm_04.jpg

And the view from our front door:
farm_00.jpg

There's no place like home!

Forgot to add who resides here: Me and Hubby, two house dogs, two Livestock Guardian Dogs, two barn cats, 36 miniature horses, and two full size horses.

The most important 'home' on the property ~ Where the 'kids' live

housebarnfromdrive.jpg

Where the magic happens to keep things running around here ~ Michael's workshop

He had to build bedrooms, for the kids, when we came here 4 years ago. The barn

was an empty cavern,had to cut doors to the pastures and put in windows for

ventilation. This workshop hums much of the time.

houservbldg.jpg

Where we lay our head at night

There are woods and a creek to the left of the house. We have many tall old trees,

that surround the house and pastures, that make this very much a Northwest home.

Nancyshouse.jpg

Our farm sign in the circular drive.

Loving home to 8 minis and one Arab Pinto; Chevy the GSD, Bailey the Grandbeagle, Charlotte the barn cat

and their happy hand servants, Michael & Me.

Afarmsign.jpg

*Some* winters, it's turns to a winter wonderland...so we have a home made Christmas card

NancySnowMC-1.jpg

....and we wish you all a very Merry Christmas, 2011 and a even happier 2012.

We have 37 acres in Canon City Colorado, no house yet.... but I have the barn, well, electric and septic. Starting the garage in June 2012. I live in Oklahoma Dec-May until my husband (who has an appartment close to work in Aurora Colorado, 3 hours away) retires in April 2013. Then we will build the house. As my husband puts it "It the price we pay for our dream. It is tough but after 30 years of marriage I guess I can see the dream coming together.

1st picture: Here is a view of the property 2nd picture: View from my Travel Trailer 3rd & 4th picture: Barn 5th picture: yes that is a BEAR!

Colorado 0708 059.JPG

Oct 15 2011 024.JPG

Barn 012.JPG

Barn 006.JPG

Bear 005.JPG

We Call our Place A Little Bit of Country

Farm from Air.jpg

Home A.jpg

Home side yard.jpg

herd e 2010.jpg

Our Herd A.jpg

Deer June 2010 A.jpg

Not looking forward to This that is for sure... No snow here yet..

Barn Little bit of Country.jpg

We have 37 acres in Canon City Colorado, no house yet.... but I have the barn, well, electric and septic. Starting the garage in June 2012. I live in Oklahoma Dec-May until my husband (who has an appartment close to work in Aurora Colorado, 3 hours away) retires in April 2013. Then we will build the house. As my husband puts it "It the price we pay for our dream. It is tough but after 30 years of marriage I guess I can see the dream coming together.

1st picture: Here is a view of the property 2nd picture: View from my Travel Trailer 3rd & 4th picture: Barn 5th picture: yes that is a BEAR!

Love your little barn! But you can keep the bear...lol.

Here's our home farm...

DSCF0024-3.jpg

It's changed a lot in a year (this pic is from summer 2010). The two silos to the left are now down. The white grain bin beside the barn is now down and moved to where the blue silo is in this pic. The two buildings to the SW of the barn are now demolished and there is now a big shop that is halfway done (replacing the one that is NW of the barn. The paddock is now in front of the barn (not beside the sweet corn). Our home is on the lower right.

Wow I'm soo envious of y' alls homes and farms! All that nice flat land and actual pastures! I'm almost ashamed show mine
default_wacko.png

We only have about a 1/2 acre, most of which can't be used for the horses. We actually live in a restricted neighborhood and aren't even supposed to have livestock.

The only full house pic I could find was taken after a snow. Fornt of house. The 2 trees are gone now.

21jan05c.jpg

Back Yard and kitty pen, chick pen and "barn"

30jan10a.jpg

Horse area going up the hill

oct11-027a.jpg

On the flat. you can see my neighbors field in through the trees where I get to walk the girls

oct11-020a.jpg

going down the hill, you can see the back deck, kitty pen, chick pen and barn, also some of the rest of the neighborhood

oct11-030a.jpg

Some day we will move to the family farm and have 65 acres to play with!

Love seeing everyone's places, very nice!

We have two places that we pretty much split our time equally, this is our home as in where the mail comes and where we are during our work week: We have 5 acres here and about 3 is wooded, the house is set up in the back of the property and my pasture/barn use to be in the front of the property.

horsebarn4.jpg

barn is still there but fence is gone and now it's grass again since we don't have minis anymore...there is an overhang that we added to the front of the barn to make like a "porch" for the horses but I can't find a pic of that. At our max, we had 4 mini horses, 2 mini goats, 12 chickens,a barn cat along with our 3 dogs ( 2 dogs we still have, cat and one dog passed away)

HPIM0901.jpg

this pic is a couple years old at least, front of house, front yard...lab is Brutus who passed away.

HPIM0905.jpg

back yard, black and white dog is Radar, who we still have and is pictured in my avatar.

HPIM0904.jpg

back porch, to the left not pictured is our garage/pole barn

The second place is what we refer to as "camp"...it is about 90 miles from our house on the west side of the state. We spend our weekends here: It is 3 acres, 2 wooded....this is where we have all our fun. There are tons of lakes within a few mins and Lake Michigan is only 30 mins away, we do all our boating here.

IMG_2353.jpg

front, this pic is also a couple years old, since we have done some landscaping.

IMG_2354.jpg

backyard

continued below

And this is our home on wheels:

CharlesMearsParkJuly2011010.jpg

Im Jelouse!!! My hubby hates camping, boating, animals, and the whole out door thing! So I dont get to do that stuff no more.
default_sad.png

At least I get to keep all my critters!
default_smile.png
LOL!

Mindy, but the camping we do isn't really "camping"...lol. We use to do the tent thing, then got a pop up, then got a 5th wheel, then finally the rv...it's not like camping at all...a/c, full bath, full kitchen, satellite tv, generator if we are somewhere without power...it's basically a hotel on wheels.

That is one reason I don't have minis anymore...when we got our camp, I didn't spend any time with them (and paying a petsitter a fortune) and it wasn't fair so I had to make a choice, the minis or camp. I chose camp and then we got the rv last year so I am really never home to take care of horses. I do miss them at times, but I also love the freedom of being able to go go go. When I retire, we will move to the camp house and get a newer rv...I will probably get a full size horse and board somewhere, that is my plan anyhow. I do miss the smell of horse pooh!

Latest posts

Back