Your Favorite "FAMOUS" Stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE the BOB (Little Kings Buck On Broadway) babies. They are so much fun, full of spit and vinegar and bred for driving. MAN can they move!!

I also love the Boone's Little Andy granddaughters for their pretty heads.

And for movement I LOVE the Flying W Farms Wardance horses. We have several that are related to him through the sire, and boy howdy do they fly!!! Nice long, strong, trotting mares, BIG movement!

(I have an absolutely amazing moving appy mare that is really made up of horses that are nobodies, but man can she move!! Maybe she can become the "household name".
default_wink.png
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not been one to follow "bloodlines", just have always admired from afar, certain individuals sort of.
default_unsure.png
:

They've always been as sort of "mystical dreams" to set a standard toward an almost unobtainable goal ...

default_wink.png
: "yet you dream...that...one day", y'know what I mean???
default_wub.png
:

Well, anyways...guess I've been "floating up on cloud nine" a tad too long, LOL...
default_wacko.png
:
default_wub.png
:

That said, I don't know if they are "famous" perse, but they SHOULD be, if not WILL BE "some day...and likely soon, I might add"... two in particular I've always "admired from afar", ever since I first saw them... I guess they could be deemed "Up & Coming" (though for me, they've already "arrived", LOL)
default_yes.gif
:

One is owned by CCMF, named "Sweetwaters Texas Spotty"
default_wub.png
:

Seen here: http://www.crittercreek.com/crittercreeknew/Spotty.html

The other "up and coming" is owned by Lost Spoke Ranch, named "Lost Spoke's Winter Dream Catcher"
default_wub.png
:

Seen here: http://www.lostspokeranch.com/

HOWEVER....
default_wink.png
:

My absolute ALL TIME FAVORITES have and always will be....none other than ...

:538: STONEHENGE PAINTED FEATHER
default_wub.png
: Owned by Bear Branch Ranch :aktion033:

Who BTW, is closely followed up with :538: "BEAR BRANCH PAINTED FEATHER"
default_wub.png
:

Both seen here: http://www.bearbranchranch.com/Text/ShowRing.html

Well - there are many beautiful stallions that have more than proven themselves. My very favorite - Buckeroo - without a doubt. I have seen him at LK Farm and even in his golden years he is magnificent. BTU is another favorite - Double Destiny is high on the list. Then there is Patton - and Voltaire - two more that are very high on my list.

My favorites are

FLYING W FARMS LITTLE BLUE BOY, Flying W Farms Little Boy Blue, and Hemlock Brooks

Egyptian King. A few others I think are incredible horses... Lucky Four Links GoldStrike, and

Stouts Freckled Freather.

Vicky

That is an easy one for me to answer - BUCKEROO!!! Why? For his contribution to "better the breed" with his amazing ability to sire outstanding and very much look-alike foals, consistently siring "quality" foals.... and because he basically has helped propel the breed to where it is today. I love the "Buckeroo" look that he has been able to replicate in his offstrping.

Well I haven't heard Uno mentioned yet , my Uno girl is my favorite here so I guess he would be my choice !
default_yes.gif
:

I hope Dona doesn't mind me stealing from her, but I love

HEMLOCK BROOKS COCKROBIN

cockrobin2.jpg

I have two of his grandsons!
default_wub.png
:

I've also seen many good things come from Bond Dynamo! I had one of his sons and I have now a grandson.

And I love Buckeroo! The horse himself.

I'll have to go with Ramundo as my alltime favorite stallion. I actually cried when I heard of his death.

I also appreciate Hemlock Brooks Cock Robin.

Joyce L

I would have to say,

LTDs Magic Man...he combines color AND quality, and consistently throws foals with both, who win at halter AND performance.

I also love those BOB babies.
default_yes.gif
:

....and Champion Farms Nighthawk's get are simply stunning!

But, I guess my alltime favorite would have to be "Hemlock Brooks Cock Robin".
default_wub.png
: (Thanks Robin, for mentioning him & posting his pic). I knew he was "special" the moment I saw him way back in 1989 & purchased him as my very first Miniature.

I know CockRobin probably wouldn't be considered a "household name" in the Miniature World, as he was bred to just a handful of mares each year. But I have no doubt that if he had fallen into the right hands early on, and was promoted & bred extensively....he would have been.
default_yes.gif
: He was a stallion "before his time"...very refined & elegant. The babies he gave to me over the years were ALL just as refined & elegant & became show winners just like him! :aktion033:

I love Shredder!!!
default_wub.png
:

shredder1.jpg

I love the foals he has like LTD's Magic Man! I have the 2006 son of Shredder.

ty015.jpg

Wow some really neat stallion mentioned on here. I love Monarch,,,, and L&D Scout,,,,, And Sierra Dawn Uno's Pharaoh. I have a son of his and Pharaoh passes on that look of his to his foals. AND more importantly, the brains, and personality. Wow, I have never had a horse that would just do anything you ask of him if he can. And next time,,,, he will try and out think what you want of him. He tries so hard. He is a neat, special stallion. That comes from Pharaoh.

It has to be Buckeroo- I do not like his get indiscriminantly but most of them are really nice.

My own colt is a distant relative (grandson of Alvadars Double Destiny so it is distant
default_rolleyes.gif
: ).

He and I started at around the same time- I still think he is breathtakingly beautiful, even if the "type" has moved on!!

I think his blood will echo down the years, though, long after some others have faded away.

And of course Boones Little Andy, Sid's Rebel (his daughters are incredible!!) and Dels Cowboy- who I always admired- not often you see a halter horse produced and winning in driving!!

I love the Egyptian King bloodline, bond bloodline, buckeroo.

I would have to say Michigans Instant Replay is my faverite amhr/aspc stallion that is a household name. Next would have to be Blue Boy, then Buckeroo and then Prince Tennessee Monashee.

BTU is another one on my top list too. Blue Boy and Egyptian King are my two faverites. Dippers Duffy and Sids Rebel are another two i like and think that their get, grand get and great grand get all possess their beauty!

I LOVE of Bunch of them Probaly Too many to count ;)

I REALLY Love the Buckeroo/GMB Line

L&D Scout/Orion

BTU, B.O.B are some of my Favorites too
default_smile.png

Blue Boy & Rowdy are Awesome as well
default_smile.png

But My all time Favorite is "Pleasant Meadows Show Time" Line They have Color and Conformation!!!

Show Time is a AMHA National Top Ten in Halter and is Buckskin Dun Homozygous for Tobiano He is just Awesome

I own 2 of his Grandsons
default_smile.png

a black & White Pinto yearling Stud Colt

and a Smokey Grullo? Pinto Stud Colt Both Very Nice Looking Boys!
default_smile.png

Ohhh I love this!

My very favorite...well it's a tie between Iowas Little Kernel and Wittmaacks Mickey Mouse. My Kernel son sires THE BEST HEADED miniature horses I've ever seen and we used to have a Mickey Mouse son that sired the most phenomenal foals. We have a bunch of his daughters that are our best producers.

Sonrisas Hajel-we used to own him....he sired Shredder and a couple of other National champions. Shredder sired LTDs Magic Man who don't know him. I think Hajel deserves more attention then he gets! He was so way before his time it's unbelievable. If I had a scanner that worked I'd post a few pictures!

ARC Lolli Pop-ok....most of you won't know this one! BUT do you know Runnin Bares Classy Comment First Knights Redi or Not? Well Classy Comment was a World Grand Champion daughter, and Redi or Not is World Grand Champion grandson. First Knight minis has a bunch of his daughters that they cross with Hot Shot to produce those World Grand Champions...he was also another stallion way before his time (and we happened to have bred the little guy too!)

My new favorite upcoming stallion is Mountain Meadows Special Express....the bay prince. He's gorgeous. Can't wait to see his foals in the show ring!

Latest posts

Back