Your Favorite "FAMOUS" Stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Of the miniature horse stallions who are basically household names if you are a miniature horse enthusiast, who of them is your favorite, and why is that the case?[/SIZE]

----

My favorite is Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too ("BTU") (<----- link).

The reason I hold him out as "my" favorite is that I admire very much his looks and many of his get and grand get. I own a son (Little Kings BT Bacardi Gold), a grandson (Erica's Gone and DunIT) and a grand daughter (Erica's Double Dipped)... and, maybe, another grand daughter is in the future for me....................!

I'd hold his descendants of mine out as some of my best horses physically. However, I think in addition to what you can see with your eyes, he just has put so much heart into his foals, which I also think is passed down through to the grandget. I've never had a more people oriented horse that tries so hard to do what I want than my BTU son, and see much of that in my grandson of his. I haven't actually met my "girls" yet, but hope to see it in them as well.

[SIZE=12pt]So, who would you claim as YOUR favorite? And why is that so?[/SIZE]
love33.gif

Hands Down I's say FLYING W FARMS LITTLE BLUE BOY. I have worked with many many descendants and own several grand get. They are so INTELLIGENT, ATHLETIC and CONSISTENT. They have a head to die for and as a take off on another thread of yours for type, yes I own a mare that is a true arabian in miniature. My vet is an arab breeder and he loves this mare [wants her really badly]. Plus everytime we go to equine affaire the arab owners and breeders want her. My best driving horses are double bred Blue Boy. Linda

Gold Melody Boy

Why? For me it in the legacy of the generations of gorgeous horses that have been bred after him. And of course his gorgeous color and conformation for his time.

Mountain High's Shoot the Moon!

Because he is a tiny 28.75", he is COLORFUL, he has produced some gorgeous foals and I love the ones that inherit his gorgeous head! Such as my darling appy daughter of his =)

stallion_shooter03.jpg

Alright if we can pick another then I too really like the GMB lines! My other mare has THREE crosses to GMB =)

GoldMelodyBoy-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gold Melody Boy first and formost. I love how most of his descendnets have that same carriage and build. I like em taller, like my beloved Treasure. When I first saw her as a baby with 9 miles of straight leg, I knew I had to have her. I wish I had another GMB girl, but maybe someday another one will tap me in the head and let me know she/he is mine.

Also in 2nd would be Blue Boy, I love the heads inside and out.

Buckeroo first and foremost and not because of the hype. I've met this stallion in person and he has the kindest eye and is the most consistent producer of nice horses PERIOD.

Kahoka palominos Alameda has a Kahoka palomino stallion that would KNOCK your SOCKS OFF! I sure wish she would update her website with the pictures she emailed me of him. WOWZA!

Blue Boy HEADS and compact little bodies.

Boones Little Andy or Bond Snippet for his granddaughters they seem to be consistently nice.

Still SEARCHING for a MOVER. I like a dressage type movement (long and strong). Suggestions WELCOME... maybe Dandy

Orion Light Vant Huttenest.

When I first started researching miniature horses, I came across that famous photo of Orion. Right then I new that's the kind of horses I wanted to raise. It wasn't until further research that I realized what a great horse he was. His record of siring champion and grand champion horses speaks for itself.

My favorites have always been Orion and BTU.. Something about them just strikes me as amazing!
default_smile.png

Nice to see another Shoot the Moon fan. We have a gorgeous palomino stallion sired by him and he is my hubby's big time favorite...such a pretty eye, nice head and very correct too. I would love to see a picture of your girl. Mary

Mountain High's Shoot the Moon!

Because he is a tiny 28.75", he is COLORFUL, he has produced some gorgeous foals and I love the ones that inherit his gorgeous head! Such as my darling appy daughter of his =)

stallion_shooter03.jpg

]

My favorite stallions in terms of looks, are:

LK Buckeroo Baccarra, and Alliance Sign on the Dottied Line. I really like how these studs look. But as far as looks and get go, I'm a Buckeroo Babe all the way, he prodices the most gorgeous dilute get, just makes me wanna drool

Nice to see another Shoot the Moon fan. We have a gorgeous palomino stallion sired by him and he is my hubby's big time favorite...such a pretty eye, nice head and very correct too. I would love to see a picture of your girl. Mary
Mary,

Levi is handsome, what a golden color he has! Here is my girl, she has a gorgeous head on her just like Shooter, in my opinion!

IMG_5342.jpg

Well a lot of my favorites have already been named! We don't have any GMB blood here yet, but I have definitely been impressed with the consistancy through several different lines derived from him. And I was thrilled to get a double-bred Blue Boy granddaughter this year. A couple of my favorites that haven't been mentioned yet that are oldies but goodies:

Bond Showboy. Sire of Bond Peppy Power, Bond Atoy4U C, Bond Snippet, and a whole slew of producing mares. We own a Bond Peppy Power son that showed well over a variety of disciplines, and his foals are just as versatile. Not only that, but at 19 years he is the picture of health and natural athleticism. I hope in the near future to add some Bond Snippet descendants too.

Shadow Oaks Paul Bunyan. I was going to say his son Top Banana, but having seen a lot of Paul Bunyan daughters--gorgeous in their 10's and 20's--I think this little horse was also "before his time." That his aged daughters are still producing modern champions is a testament to it.

I think it's also important to note that a lot of these stallions--notably GMB and his grandson Buckeroo--made their name producing beautiful foals from unshown, "no name" mares. I see a lot of beautiful up-and-comers with nice foal crops, but quite often the mares are also high-caliber ex show horses from great breeding.

I have several, but I would have to say of the historical stallions I lovelovelove Kewpie's El Monterrey of Arenosa an amazing stallion. You can see a photo of him at the bottom of this page: http://www.minishetlands.com/past_sales.htm . I have three that are bred that way... I also would say that the Prince Tennessee of Monashee line has put some nice movement and beauty into my mare Flirt and is something that I really love. Would breed back into this line in a minute.

Flying W Farms Charro Of Arenosa, my boys sire! He is a GORGEOUS black and white pinto, multiple national champs in Driving. He was owned by Eloise Pearl

Years ago I saw a video of Orion and I thought he was the most amazing little horse I had ever seen...and I can still see him trotting along so proud and with such an air..... :new_shocked:

Obviously my pick is Orion..just wish I could have seen him in person before he passed..even as an old timer...
default_wub.png
:

Hmm, I would have to say Chianti. He really impacted the breed as far as quality Appaloosas and is in so many pedigrees. He was a good 'all around' horse in his day that you see in SO many pedigrees.

REDBOY!!!!
default_wub.png
: I found him while researching minis before i got mine, and i always wanted one just like him. My little mare Ghost (in avatar) comes pretty close i think!

and i'm completely in love with FWF's Little Wardance. he's beautiful, and his get/grandget just amaze me.

and La Vista Remarkable Remarables. (no really, dont like bay pintos at all)
default_rolleyes.gif
:

i'm sure i'll remember more eventually.

Latest posts

Back