Your farm or ranch name

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a farm yet, as I am only 15 (soon to be 16 on the 29th) But I already know that I want to breed Arabain Horses, and Miniatures. I've decided decided to Name my Farm Saylin Starr Farm. [pronounced like Sailing Starr] I origionally wanted Shooting Star Farm, but that was too run of the mill for me, and I lurve funky spellings, and am from Maine, so the Saylin, sort of sounds like a Maine accent, even thought I am 99.99% sure my farm will not be in Maine. hope you find a good name for your farm.

My in laws live on our property and one Saturday afternoon, my husband and his mother went to a local livestock auction. Next thing I know, they're coming home with a Hereford calf! (I know nothing about cattle) I told them "This is your little red wagon, you pull it' meaning it was their job to do all the cow related things. Of course, when I started buying minis, my husband said it back to me! When I wanted to name our little farm, Red Wagon Farm seemed perfect.
I'm not sure why but I swear this is the funniest story I've heard in a long time! Best farm name story ever!

I don't have a farm yet, but I have a partial name picked out for when I do. It will be either Matinee Miniatures or Matinee Meadows, something to the tune anyway. My parents own a movie theatre so I thought the Matinee part fitting. I don't plan to breed miniature horses, but I've always thought it would be fun to live someplace with a name! And i do plan to have a foal someday, just not a little one and just for myself.

Our farm name is ROHEDEDACA (first two letters in everyones first name)
default_wink.png
:

but the minis side of stuff is called MoonShadow Minis.

My Mom and I came up with the name when we were bringing our first stallion home 'Shadow Warrior', there was a full moon out following us home and Cat Steven's song Moon Shadow started playing when we stopped talking !!!

We just looked at each and Mom say

"I don't think he will mind since we are a little place in the middle of no where

~ besides he is no longer a singer !" :eek:

Mine is River Ridge. We have a ridge face in front of the farm with a river that runs right at the bottom of it. So I came up with River Ridge. Very pretty view.

K&Gs - K for my hubby Kyle and G is for my name
default_smile.png

Silversong Farm...I grew up in an area of Connecticut called Silvermine...my great-great uncle's pheasant farm was there called Rainbow Ranch and he had horses for patrolling the pheasant fields and pens.

Wanted to call my horse farm Silvermine Farm but another big horse stable uses the name and they were not even in Silvermine! Came up with Silversong from the SILVERmine and from my first horse who had "Song" in her name. Had it for 23 years....
default_yes.gif
: and have three horses with Silversong in their names.

Denise

Silversong Farm

Ours is Blessing Farm because its a blessing it IS a farm all one acre of it. We have nine minis and one classic shetland. All the big horses are gone [used to have appys and a paint gelding]. We also have 2 rabbits a corgi many chickens 2 turtles and Courtney has a pet rat. We have been well and truly blessed as we have horses that have done extremely well for us. Linda

Our farm name is TrueJoy Miniatures... named for a couple of reasons... My husband's mom's name meant true in italian, and my Mom's name is Joyce( sometimes my Dad would call her Joy) Both our Moms have passed away and I know they would have loved these little horses. Also... TrueJoy is exactly what I get from my horses.

Latest posts

Back