Your DOOFUS AWARD winner for April.......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Just to add a little laughter in your day, here we have our latest winner for the month of April, Denise, who we know as MercysMom from Silversong Farm. :new_rofl: :new_multi: :risa_suelos: [/SIZE]

I'll bet many of us have had times like this when we are racing to get our horses out of storms into the barn. Just so happens, that this time, it didn't go very well for Denise. :xkngt: :488:

CONGRATULATIONS DENISE!
default_firstprize.gif
:

Denise, send me your home address so I can mail your Award to you!

[SIZE=12pt]Last summer, we were having our leach fields opened and the grading around the barn redone to remove the indoor swimming pool that always appeared in Finisterre's stall in the spring.[/SIZE]

There was an enormous pile of topsoil and dirt placed in the path where I normally went to the barn but no problem... I could walk around it, right? It was easy to see - this pile was a good eight feet tall.

It turns out we had some very hot days and nights and my horses were getting used to spending days in and nights out to be able to enjoy turnout without broiling in the sun.

Hot days often spark thunderstorms, and I woke up one night at midnight to the loud rumbles of thunder... and remembered the horses were out. No sooner did I get my shorts on and a coat and my "garden" clogs did the sky open up and start pouring.

My porch light blew out and my frustration to find a flashlight had me say something like "oh, truck it" and I ran out into the dark. I was running full tilt until I hit something hard and started sinking.

I ran smack into the %$^ dirt pile in my path. Lost my garden clogs, was covered in mud, my glasses fell off (I am legally blind in one eye without them!). The dirt was thick and full of clay so I looked like a monster. I trudged back to the house to wash the muddy glasses and to get new shoes and some light source. My dogs did not recognize me and were growling in their kennels.

New pair of shoes, clean glasses, mud all over my floor - back out to barn, unplug electric fence and started herding everyone in. My girls were good but my dwarf Bodie was hiding in the tall grass, and he is a solid black horse.

Now I had to wait for lightning to light up the sky as I am standing near the electric fence, in a puddle. Mind you, I also live on a hill that experiences lightning strikes hear and there. I was the poster child for what not to do in a thunderstorm!

Finally, this little black blur came running at me. It was Bodie and he did not even wait for me - he put his head down and booked up the hill like a bat out of heck. The sight of him running from me and for his life had me laughing.

Once everyone was secure, I was back inside to take a shower, during a thunderstorm. Couldn't crawl into bed looking like an art studio disaster....the dirt probably would have hardened and I would have woken up petrified.

If my mom knew (our house was hit by lightning when we were kids), I wouldn't have to worry about getting hit by lightning as she would have killed me for being "stupid" and I was 41 at the time this happened.

Still alive to share stories though...and found my garden clogs the next day imbedded in the mud mountain.

Denise...aka Mercysmom

Silversong Farm

CONGRADULATIONS :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Can picture the your story
default_yes.gif
: :risa_suelos:

So glad no lightning strikes for you, I was getting worried when ready on.

Many thanks!!!
default_wub.png
:

Marty - I sent you my address via PM.

Denise

Silversong Farm

Congrats :aktion033: :aktion033: Great story! Glad you only got covered with mud and didn't get fried
default_yes.gif
: Appreciate you sharing and giving us all a good chuckle.

Way too funny!!! :bgrin (I'm sure his would also have won for the best "Funniest Home Video" if some had caught you on video! )

It is so much fun to laugh (past tense) at someone's only funny after the fact experience. Thanks for sharing that hilarious tale of troubles Denise. Congratulations on your well-deserved win.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back