Young woman attacked..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlesteppers

Reaction score
PITTSBURGH -- A 20-year-old woman who was robbed at an ATM in Bloomfield was also maimed by her attacker, police said.

Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richard tells Channel 4 Action News that the victim was robbed at knifepoint on Wednesday night outside of a Citizens Bank near Liberty Avenue and Pearl Street just before 9 p.m.

Richard said the robber took $60 from the woman, then became angry when he saw a McCain bumper sticker on the victim's car. The attacker then punched and kicked the victim, before using the knife to scratch the letter "B" into her face, Richard said.

Richard said the woman refused medical treatment after the assault, which happened outside the view of the bank's surveillance cameras.

The robber is described as a dark-skinned black man, 6 feet 4 inches tall, 200 pounds with a medium build, short black hair and brown eyes. The man was wearing dark colored jeans, a black undershirt and black shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I'd heard it, but was waiting for confirmation. This woman was employed at one of McCains campaign offices.

I also hope whoever did it, gets caught.

But I do have to say, I went to the News channels website to read the story and I saw the picture. Why would the attacker carve the letter backwards? Seems if it was done in rage then he would have done it the fast easy way, plus if someone took a knife and carved in my face, you can bet I would be at the hospital. It also stated he punched and kicked her, and she still didn't get medical help. Something just doesn't sound right.

Again, I hope the person is caught, but it might not be who everyone is thinking it is.

Here is the article with the picture, you all can decide for yourselves. She was not employed by the McCain campagin, she was a volunteer, there was another person with her and if he put a knife to her throat at the ATM, it should be on the bank cameras.

News Channel 4

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right minimom, I mis-spoke when I used the term "employed. I haven't heard anything that would indicate it was a hate crime, probably just a robbery that got violent when he saw her bumper sticker.

Any attack on anyone is a hate crime, never thought they were happy crimes. You have to be pretty hateful to attack anyone without cause. But there are to many things in the story and from her picture that don't add up, and by the way just so you know, I am not all that fond of either candidate so to me it has nothing to do with who she "worked" for, I am so sick of people always getting their nickers in a twist when anyone brings up a point that might just be true but not geared toward McCain. Frankly her "cut" looks like it was done from someone looking in a mirror because it is backwards. Most people don't write backwards in normal every day life. And Appylover would you refuse medical care if someone had just attacked you, beating and kicking, and carved a B in your face?

I am not one to judge whether it's true or not. I hope there was a camera there or another person might have seen this? I think it's horrid and whoever did this needs to be locked away for awhile.

No I certainly wouldn't refuse. But then I'm not the one who was attacked. Who knows what reasons she may have for not accepting medical treatment. Just to clarify things I wasn't making an issue of "who she worked for" I was merely repeating what they said on the newscast I saw it on. You sound very much like you have doubts about what you heard/read; while it seems perfectly logical to me that a robber might wait until someone stepped away from the camera before pulling a knife. I believe the article said the B was scratched on her face not carved into it.

I respectfully suggest that we just agree to disagree and move on.

I grew up in a town about 50 miles from Pittsburgh. My husband grew up in Pittsburgh. Bloomfield is a bad, bad area. There is lots of gang activity there. A backwards B is often used by members of gangs.

Latest posts

Back