You must try these for winter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
These are way to neat not to share, it might save someone a slip and fall this winter.

I bought a set of these at walmart last month for winter, they are called "Get-A-Grip", you can pull them onto your regular shoes or i put them on my rubber barn boots. We have a good 2-3" of ice everywhere here....the pastures..the yard, everywhere. They have little spikes on the bottom that give you a grip in the ice and hard snow. They actually WORK really well. No slipping or sliding at all
default_thumbup.gif
. I wore my regular shoes today as i was going to the store and walking across the ice without the G-A-G's on my shoes, it was so bad...slipping and sliding everywhere, very near close to taking a hit to the ground. These things even work on really thin layers of ice, our back deck gets really slippery after a few minutes of freezing rain falling, and i can just walk right off the porch no problem with these. I just wish i had these last year when i took countless falls around here ....

Oh, and they make a really neat "clink" sound when you walk on the driveway or hard floor, like spurs
default_laugh.png

I think they are only like $9.00 at walmart in the shoe department...a little more expensive on this website..and yes, they do stay on your shoes very well, Mine have not come off yet and they have deffinetely been put to work.

Link @ http://cozywinters.com/shop/gag-ultra.html

GAG-ULTRA_B.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear they have them at Wal Mart. Gotta check 'em out. Walking on ice scares me; at my age I sure don't want a fall.

Great tip!!! We were out of the house today for the first time in a week.

Some parking lots were treacherous. And with more snow coming tonight

I'd love a pair of those to navigate to the barn.....do they work on snow, too

or just ice?

They are great! I ordered something similar a couple of years ago and they do work. We didn't have enough ice last year to use them LOL, but I'm ready when it comes
default_smile.png

Jan

Those look awesome Leeana! They might save one of our members from a serious fall!!! I'll be getting some for H and myself next time we are in Walmart
default_yes.gif

I'm going to have to buy a pair of those! Every winter I take two or three really good falls that remind me how old I am.
default_wacko.png

thanks, I have wanted to get a pair. I am always falling on the ice on my way to the barn.

One question... I wear clunky boots to the barn. I wonder should I get a mens or ladies pair?

Thanks,

Robin

i've been using these for the past couple of years. walgreen drug stores sell them, too. i could not even THINK about going outside without them. i have them on every single pair of shoes i wear.

and yes, if you have big "clunky" boots, you should get the larger size. i don't have trouble with them staying on my shoes but just for added protection, i tie them on with baling twine by running it through both sides and tying it up over the top of my shoe/boot.

this is what we are dealing with right now...4" of ice and let me tell you, without these spikes, i'd be in the hospital with 2 dislocated fake hips!!!!!

ice.jpg

my brother-in-law, bless his heart, spent 2 hours with his tractor hauling sand into the horse lot. i was frantic that my biggie would fall down, he was slipping and sliding all over the place!

At walmart, they come in two sizes, small-Medium which is like 5-9 and L-XL which is 10-11 ...was not a mens or womans, just general. I got the 10-11 and they fit fine over my mud barn boots, those tall rubber boots that come almost up to your knee, they stretch over those. My dad uses them and they fit over his steel toe boots too, so i think you would be fine
default_smile.png

I will not go outside on the ice without them, they have saved my butt from hitting the ground plenty of time so far im sure.

They are plastic and stretch allot so you should be fine
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to walmart and bought the last pair for my grandma. Grandma boards horses and are parking area is a mess,she loves them! I'm gonna try to get some for grandpa and me next
default_smile.png
. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have something similar called Yak Traxx, they are wonderful, I am so paranoid of falling and wrecking another knee.

Thanks for the WalMart and Walgreens tips, I'll go today and ship some to my Aunt.

I have the Yak-Traxx ones but haven't had to use them yet. I'm glad to hear that they really work. I think i'll be getting some for the rest of the family.

I bought something similiar at Farm & Fleet, they are great. Last year I had some that had little spikes in them but the spikes came out after a few uses, these this year have a steel plate with teeth in them and they are much better. They were located by the ice fishing stuff. Well worth the money.

I wouldn't be without mine during icey weather. They are great.

Arlene

Latest posts

Back