You can add us to the list

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo Acres

Reaction score
Well, it could be worse but not what we wanted to hear.

The vet came out this morning to ultrasound a mare we had bred. She had been flirting lately, so I was thinking she was open. Yep, didn't take. So hopefully in about a week we can take her back to the stallion.

Then more bad news. We have another mare that was suppose to be due July 25th. She had been ultra sounded last year in foal and we seen it on the screen. She always hides her pregnancy well but usually starts showing quite a bit in the last month. Since he was here we had him check her. OPEN. What a disappointment. She must of lost it at some point. So now I guess she goes on a diet as I was feeding her as a bred mare ready to foal.

The only up side to this is we were going to have to wait till next year to breed to our new stallion. Now she will be visiting him soon and hopefully we will have a baby by him next year!

Sorry to hear, but maybe blessing in disguise. Let's look to your foal crop next year!

It is so disappointing when a bred mare comes open.
default_no.gif
We have an older mare that was also open this year. Very disappointed. The cross we use with her has given us beautiful buckskins. dionne

We had the same problem with two of our percheron mares, one was checked at 5 1/2 months and the other 5 months and come foaling time we checked again and both open. No signs of anything happening, we had no idea.

Latest posts

Back