yet another color post

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnolia_dream

Reaction score
Please what is my boy, is he possibly a white/black roan? also you can't see from the picture but one of his spots has some red in it, he also has one blue eye, so possibly some sabino?His sire was a red roan(peter pans bo jack vb), no idea about dam(kaddars misty mist) iv'e been looking for pictures of them but no luck, they are shetlands by the way.

i know he isn't set up right, i'm going to get better pics

PICT0308-1.jpg

PICT0306.jpg

PICT0303.jpg

My monitor color is not the best, but he looks roan to me. To be a true roan, his head must be Black. If it is roaned also, he is likely Sabino.

I can't tell from the picture. Is it possible he is Silver/Black? I love his markings.

he has a roan head too, it's black roan i guess, with a wide white blaze

He appears to be a Sabino Tovero. And blue eyes do not usually come from Sabino...so he probably has some Splash or Frame in there as well.
default_yes.gif
:

I think black sabino/tobiano/frame

Oh, and the prettiest pattern, I think he is too neat.

Tobiano + Splash, I would say- I'd like to see his head not in shade- it is impossible to say whether he is Roan or Sabino from those pictures.
default_smile.png

Tobiano + Splash, I would say- I'd like to see his head not in shade- it is impossible to say whether he is Roan or Sabino from those pictures.
default_smile.png

She mentioned that his head was roaned too, Jane.
default_wink.png
: So I don't think this horse is a true roan at all. I also don't see any Silver there.

My black Sabinos ALL have this roan coloring....giving them almost a steel gray look.
default_yes.gif
: And they do tend to get darking in winter coat...and lighter (more roaned) in summer coat.

Here is Kickapoo's I've Been Mooned (Ivy)....She is a Black Sabino Tovero & looks a lot like the guy we're talking about.
default_yes.gif
:

fb2c77c6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dona that is very helpful- Yes I see the bit about roaned head now, thanks.

OK Tobiano+ Splash +Sabino
default_yes.gif
:

On Black
default_smile.png

your pony does look like mine! :new_shocked:

Just thought id show you what he looks like in the winter

smallerpose.jpg

ok and here is a funny face shot

PIC001.jpg

ok so to those who asked for a face shot here it is :lol:

thanks for all the compliments!I'm hoping to take him to a show september 30th, he's gotta work off his thunder thighs though! :lol: :bgrin

OK, I'm really going to go out on a limb here <ducking> but the pattern in the roaning on his flank in the top picture reminds me of Rabicano. With so much white on him though, it's tough to say. <running back under my rock now> :bgrin

Rabicano and Sabino are linked, but Rabicano tends to isolate around the tail.

wow most of these i havent even heard of,the funny thing is, is that on his papers that were never sent in :no: his color says black and white :lol: I could understand that in the winter back he is definatly not black and white in the summer, the lady i bought him from told me he had blue roan spots and i accepted that ubtil now where i began to question it

Latest posts

Back