Yearend Awards

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diana

Reaction score
I am one of the persons that is incharge of getting our clubs yearend awards this year. I want to do something different this year. We have done lot of chairs in the past and I think almost everyone has them. [SIZE=18pt]Any new ideas out there.[/SIZE]

default_wink.png

something Everyone can use! just give a printed hi point certificate and a WalMart gift card !!!!!!! I love them when I win Hi Point All Around Awards at a show. everything else collects dust or gets broken. or if it a local club with local people, get gift cards from a tack shop. or have a table filled with show sheen, hoof blacks, you know, show stuff we use at a show, even stall forks. and when they go up to recieve an award, you give a coupon to them so then, they will know, ok, I can get 2 items from the table. I always run for bags of rubber bands and clipper blades. so lets say for a halter class hi point is worth up to $15 but a hi point all around is worth $50 of products off of the table, but have a lot of good stuff. or just give a gift cert from the tack store and let me go get what they want.

Last year our club did embroidered hoodies for the youth winners that had their name on the front and their horses name and pic on the back. I think that would be great for an adult prize too

One year my big horse club did satin jackets with our horses name on the back and our name on the front.

Another time we did directors chairs with our horse's name on the back with our initials.

I still have it all!

Gift certificates to tack stores, feed stores, etc are always appreciated, but so are personalized items. Our QH group here has done buckets with club logo on them (you can put goodies in the bucket for more $), those folding fabric stools that are great to carry ringside & have some storage underneath (again with logo), also halter bags, harness bags, garment bags, horse coolers, personalized halters........

Somthing they have done for years that I like is to use plastic drinking cups with club logo in place of ribbons. Just about as cheap, and even if you get a collection they are useful to have at a show. In the right colors of course, blue cup for first, etc.

Jan

Anything personalized is good , Halter bags,harness bags garment bags, coolers ,grooming totes, tote bags. One year we got fleece vests for the youth from Wal Mart and had the Youth name on the front and You th High Point on the back.

My vote is for something useful. You can only use so many coolers (it seems like everyone was awarding embroidered coolers for awhile). I thought the suggestion of clipper blades was a fantastic idea, especially for a Miniature Horse show/club award. So was the suggestion of hoof polish or ShowSheen, the kind of stuff that most all show folks use and need and can never have enough of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our club has awarded 8" x 10" picture frames, photo albums (something you can display your horse pictures at shows), horse lamps, trailer accessories like the plastic wheel lift, roadside assistance kits, coaster sets, vases, stall organizers that hang on the wall, wine glass sets, logo mirrors, stall signs, bag tags, show briefcases, leather or nylon halters with nameplates, pitcher/glass sets clocks, chairs with table attached, desk organizers, are few other ideas.

Latest posts

Back