Wow,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess P

Reaction score
Talk about brrr..... I woke up and I need to get a sweatshirt on! It is freezing!

39 here, I put on my shirt, sweatshirt and flannel lined barn coat. BRRRRRRRRR! Gonna bake an apple pie!

Temp here this morning was 37F. We light some kindling in the wood stove and took the chill off the house. Last year we light the first fire Oct 5th. We will soon be enjoying apple cider and donuts as well as a couple of evening hay rides. Granted with the minis the hay rides will have limited carrying capacity. The last few years the hay rides were behind a tractor.

Fall? Where? I'm still waiting for the rain and winds from Rita to hit. Temps still in the upper 80's but I am ready for fall. Dimimore did you need my address to send that pie to?
biggrin.gif

I think it is gonna be like how summer started. We kept waiting for it & then all of the sudden it hit us full force.

applepie.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO dontcha just love the smell of a fresh apple pie!
wub.gif

Sorry, I'm bad today!

We had our first frost last night. When my husband got up this morning it was 30 out (don't know what time, I'm not up that early
laugh.gif
). When I went out to feed this morning about 8 AM it was 35 or 36 out.
cold.gif

I'm glad to have the first freeze on it's way. Montana had an outbreak of VS and they claim that freezing weather will help to clear it up; it is believed to be spread by a couple types of flying bugs (black fly and something else), so no bugs, no VS.

Dimimore that is not fair! I suppose your already eating it with ice cream on top??

Cold? Where? I don't feel any cold.
biggrin.gif

It's 93 right now.

When I woke up it was 78- but just from the hurricane!
rolleyes.gif

Cold? Where? I don't feel any cold.

It's 93 right now.

When I woke up it was 78- but just from the hurricane! QUOTE

No offence but I do not need to mow my lawn in December either. Its nice having four actual seasons.

minihrselvr, I'll share the recipe such as it is but yes I confess to having a nice slice this afternoon with chocolate ice cream. YUM! Sorry. Tell you what...you all come visit and I'll get to baking K?

Oh, I want some of the cold weather. Its in the high 90's today, yet again..

Robin

to heck with cold weather......I want that pie
biggrin.gif
...now I am gonna have to bake one........

I have had frost/ice on my widshield several mornings the last 2 weeks and according to the weather dudes our low's have been 50 ish
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
that is some new kinda cold 50
wacko.gif

Latest posts

Back