Would you get silver or gold hardware on show halter/harness

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniThymeAcres

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a new show halter and possibly a show harness. I am totally stumped on whether to get my horse silver or gold hardware.

For the show halter, I'm getting a turquoise metallic noseband. My horse is a strawberry roan but she has a bald face, so I am confused as to whether I should get gold or silver beads and trim on the halter.

Same with the hardware on her show harness. Silver or gold hardware and piping?

What would you get?

Last edited by a moderator:
I say silver, the gold might clash, I have what i think will be a roan pinto and gold doesn't look good on him.

This is Wind Dancer: you can see her face good here, most pics I have of her are to the side

hotties.jpg

What do you think; silver or gold?

I would definately say silver! I'm a big fan of silver and it goes with everything. With her red tint, I think gold would look tacky. JMO though.
default_smile.png

For a show harness, I match the harness to the cart. If the cart has gold pin striping then I would get gold on the harness; if the cart has silver, then get silver.

Harness comes first, the cart should match the harness.
default_wink.png
I think silver for this horse too, especially since silver is a heck of a lot easier to take care of than brass.

Leia

To me, she looks to have more warm tones to her coat than cool. I'd go with gold hardware on the show halter. For the show harness, that would be my first choice but I think silver on the harness would also work well.

I think silver would be the best choice!
default_smile.png

I'm going to have to say that I would personally go with gold hardware on a show halter.

Tammie

I think when it comes to people there was once a fashion rule that Warm toned people are supposed to wear Gold and Cool tones Silver.

So since she is warm toned I would say Gold.

Emma

On your minis face l would use silver...

default_saludando.gif
Hello

I think the gold would be a nice compliment to her color. By the way very cute loving pic!!

Let us know what you decide or better yet post a pic.

Good Luck!!

Thanks to everyone that replied! I was so thrilled to see so many responses on here!

I still just can't decide on silver or gold. There were so many mixed opinions.

-Jessica-

The reason I said "silver" was because looking at your avatar I noticed that yellow tones make her mane and tail look yellow too. You'd have to keep everything polished to a super high shine all the time in order for it not to make her color look yellowy too.
default_new_shocked.gif
Silver will bring out the white tones and make her look cleaner/sharper.

Of course I could be wrong as pictures can be pretty misleading regarding color, but from those two shots I'd say silver.
default_wink.png
Either one would work but after having brass brass and more brass for my chestnut I'm dying for a nice silver dapple I can use a chrome harness on. It's so much easier!! *LOL*

Leia

Latest posts

Back