Would love to see Tovero patterns..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockinSMiniature

Reaction score
Hi All,

I would love to see the Tovero pattern and I did looked up as for getting Tovero is from Tobiano and Overo as make it like Tovero.. (Am I right?)...

Hope you all can shared your thinking of Tovero patterns..
default_wink.png

my new filly is Tovero.

She is Tobiano + Splash overo. Both Parents are chestnut pinto and both have blue eye/s if I remember correctly, so she may even be homozygous tobiano too.

PC270050.jpg

PC270055.jpg

PB230050.jpg

My colt is also Tovero(Tob + Splash overo) but is not a loud one. His sire is the same as the filly above.

PB090087.jpg

Also have a tovero gelding(again, Tob + Splash overo) and he has more unusual markings.(LWO NEG)

PA060013.jpg

PA060008.jpg

And this filly is Halfsister(same mother) to the loud filly above. I Asume she carrys splash?

P9070022.jpg

Our mare Tango is "tovero" (tobiano and splash, may possible carry sabino too?, tested OLW negative)

102_2631.jpg

Baby in the picture with her is overoloosa (splash and appy)

Here are some of ours:

Daisy Mae,

DaisyMae4.jpg

And our stallion, Cool:

cool-1.jpg

Coolhead.jpg

And Daisy's daughter:

Shasta3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would share pictures of mine however the computer that has all the pictures is down at the moment.

Technically our stallion Buckshot is a tovero, (as our most of our pinto minis) because he is a tobiano and has white on his face. He is LWO- so the white is likely from splash. Our jumper (Cowboy) and the driving mini (Ruby) in my avatar must also be toveros; I suspect they are tobiano and frame, but are not tested for LWO. All three have Rowdy blood. Ruby won't be bred and of course our stallion is LWO- anyway, so we see no need to test her.

BS_10_08_grdr_2.jpg

Here's a couple more of ours, these haven't been LWO tested (both our stallions are LWO neg so no need to test the mare unless we switch stallions or breed out, and the filly will not ever be bred and has a forever home here) But both are obvious tobianos and more than likely both are splash

Sweet Tart:

Sweety.jpg

her opposite side is completely white:

100_0693.jpg

Misty:

100_0152.jpg

This is my tovero stallion(homozygous tobiano/splash/lwo-) another pic in my avatar.

Joey5.jpg

Ok this might be a stupid question, but we are new and still learning I am planning on registering these three pinto and on the registration forms it asks if they are Tobiano, Overo or solid. Can someone tell me what they are. The first one has blue eyes but the other two do not if that makes a differance.

pictures420.jpg

acerweb1.jpg

pictures809.jpg

Here is our Palomino Tovero mare, Bridget (coming 4yr old at 27.75").
default_wub.png

Bridget11-10-08-1.jpg

Bridget11-10-08-7.jpg

Bridget11-10-08-12.jpg

Casi is sabino, splash, and tobiano (negative for frame)

casi5.9287.jpg

casi310-12-8.jpg

Ruby is tobiano and sabino

ruby610-12-8.jpg

ruby510-12-8.jpg

as is Sierra

sierra410-12-8.jpg

and Solitaire

solitaire12-2-8.jpg

and Tracker

06b869f6.jpg

Tucker has tobiano and sabino and either splash and/or frame, not sure yet

tucker3210-12-8.jpg

tuckerrear48-3-8.jpg

tucker158-3-8.jpg

Here is our 2008 Champagne /Tovero Pinto colt, out of a brown and white pinto mare and my Classic Champagne stallion.

We call him Max for short.

Also this helpful APHA link sheds some light on the various types of pinto patterns and what differentiates one type from another. http://www.apha.com/breed/geneticeq6.html

maxface2.jpg

maxwalk1-1.jpg

maxhead5mo.jpg

Latest posts

Back