Worried about flooding back East - How's everyone?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorrie & Frank

Reaction score
Hey members from the flooding areas back East - check in and let us know how you are doing. You have our thoughts and prayers for safety and for the weather to clear and rivers to recede!

It's extremely wet here in western Massachusetts. The rain has no where to go since it's been raining for so DARN LONG!!! The rivers are quite high out here and there is a lot of street flooding but it doesn't look like it's going to be as bad as last year when we had overflowing rivers into buildings.

My other half was telling me yesterday that he saw in New Hampshire (off 93) there are some ramps and roads closed because the lakes are bursting.

We are in south eastern CT and we are holding our own. Getting sick of the water but no big floods here.

Parts of Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine are really bad and in emergency mode. People are being removed from flooded homes and businesses closed. Not good. Pray for sun for us all.

There is actually a thread about this on the back porch. I posted it before I had heard anything about mass & maine. Im really getting sick of the rain, but at least its not snow.

its a mess, I board my Paint horse and i cant even get down to the barn there are detours everywhere you look. our farm is less then a mile to the merrimack river, which is a large river, my cousins had to leave there home not sure if they allowed back. hubby drives locally, and he tells me southern nh is just real mess. our tack/feed room is just a mess everything is soaking wet not the hay thank god! lots of clean up for everyone when this is all said and done... and its STILL pouring out here

:new_shocked: i would like to report i see SUN! and blue sky! havent seen that in 5 days!!! as of 3:38pm i wont hold my breath as i know its going to be gone i bet after i post this...
default_rolleyes.gif
:

here in the little southwest corner of NH we have had lots of rain but no flooding yet. Not like last year when we were hit bad. First time in my life had a show been canceled due to rains/flooding. Right now there is a hint of the sun but it will not last!

Karen
default_sad.png

i knew i shouldnt have said that.... it looks like the sky is going to open up again any minute
default_wacko.png
: :no:
default_frusty.gif
:

Stay high and dry and let us know if we can help out with anything. I'd hate to see CNN photos of folks with minis on roof tops! Best wishes guys!

Yes there were horses evacuated and I saw the barn a little while ago. Words cannot describe how horrible it is. It is a large boarding barn with an indoor and it is under water. The horses were evacuated Sunday night when the river started to rise. They were in knee deep water then by midnight. They and the barn owner are all safe. They are all still in shock. The horses are confused and I had to shoe a couple of them today but held off on a couple till they get back to normal. Sue thinks it will be a month or two until they are able to return. Linda B

You guys are scaring me........This is totally wierd. Meanwhile we are experiencing record breaking heat!

Too too strange......... I am watching and praying that all this balances out.

MA

We are wet, but not flooded.

Barn is mucky and I'm trying to keep my mare and foal from having a wet stall, but I thank god its not flooded. Our pond was huge yesterday, but it has receded some.

We have many roads closed with small bridges and culverts completely gone and the kids have been out of School since Monday and no school again tomorrow and probably the next day, who knows maybe all week.... :no: They were surpose to get out of school June 13th which is early for us, we usually have a few snow days, but none this year. Who would have thought they would have to go longer because of rain.

At least all the rain is making the grass grow, it will be nice to get some decent hay, its been a horrible year trying to find good hay.

Hi. You can send some of your rain here if you like!! Most of the country is in drought and we are all hanging out for rain... some places have been on water restrictions for years - i.e, only watering gardens with buckets etc so pls feel free to send some of the rain our way. Regards, Kerrie

[SIZE=18pt]We are ok in Cummington. Rivers were full, some small raod flooding, but nothing too bad. Honey's pasture has got big puddles in it. So she's up at the barn in the run in paddock. The rest of the pastures are okay.[/SIZE]

Christy

Latest posts

Back