World Show Halter Class observation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin1

Reaction score
I have been watching the classes when I can and talking to the people in the chat room. I noticed (and confirmed with the others) that the AMHA horses are being stretched not only during being shown but also for their picture. The rule book states that a horse is to stand square, I like one hind foot back a little but will square my horse up. These horses were anything but square. Are the trainers changing things as they show both A/R? Why are the judges not calling people on it? Someone in the chat room did say they recently got called on it by a judge and because of it didn't place. I congratulate the judge for going by the rules. I have had a judge tell me my horse was too stretched and I corrected it. What do you all think? Are we going to start stretching the horses at the A shows? Do you want them to? Some of the horses were so stretched that they actually looked sway backed. I sure hope this is not the direction we are headed. JMHO

Robin

I hope not too.
default_sad.png

Robin1, I noticed that too and was thinking what the...??! I dont like the look of them stretched- it also makes their backend look funky. So what's up with the stretching thing?

Ok I have not shown at Worlds but have watched online for a couple now.

I honestly do not see them shown any differently this year then I did last.

Back