World show dates

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IloveMiniatureshorses

Reaction score
Why is the World Show in the fall, but not in the summer? Isn't there foals to be weaned, and things to be done to get ready for winter? I would never be able to a world show, for my mom wants me to always get "perfect attendance". In PA, the World Show would be right in the middle of a school week; which isn't fair. Even if I got a vacation slip from my school it would only last for 5 days....

Alyssa

MOST horse "national shows" are held in the fall. It's not only the miniatures!

Most horse shows are held late spring and then all summer long. Most people like the show season to stretch out as long as the weather holds out to maximize their show seasons... more points, more chances to qualify, etc.

YES there are foals to be weaned, and people feel they are old enough to travel to a national level show. Therefore if the national show is held as late in the year as possible, those babies will be as old as possible.

Yep, it sure does suck for those of us in school. Been in school myself and had to juggle and catch up quite a bit!

It's something you have to work and sacrifice for, that's for sure.

Andrea

I am a Youth, so I know about the whole school thing.. I end up missing a day driving up, but the Youth show on the weekend, so the only school you would be missing is the time you are taking getting to the show and back. It is very do-able.. And definitely worth any make up work!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back