Woo Hoo the day came *updated today*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
Dorothy got in today and drove Duckie for the first time. It went great and Duckie looks good doing it. It's so great that they are willing to take pictures for me so I can see how my girl is doing with her training.

Duckietrottingwithcartapr252010.jpg

What a good horse I have, first day with a human in the cart, trotting and turning the corner.

Duckietrottingwithcartapr252010A.jpg

I'm just so proud of my horse. I knew she would be a good driving horse in the right hands.

Duckie04232010withcart.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks like she is enjoying it! Duckie looks good in harness, I think you will have fun showing her. She is a pretty girl.

Thank you Dreammini I think she is pretty also.

Maybe its just me but when I look at her hind quarters I get the feeling that when she decides to use them she could do some major pulling. Trying to put it nicely.
default_laugh.png
. I told my daughter we have to get a sign for the cart. Her response was yes I know, we need a wide load sign.
default_no.gif
Not nice!

I know she isn't considered show quality because of her large bones but for driving purposes I believe she is built for that.
default_yes.gif
I think she is going to really shine in parades and obstacles.

When she is totally shed for the summer she is a coppery brown color with lots of dapples that should really set off her new harness I bought.

I noticed she gets those hind legs really underneath her. I agree, I think she will fly once she gets this all figured out. That will be fun! She will be great for CDE's and parades. She is a little heavier boned but I think she could still be show worthy. I would try it a few times anyway and see how you do.

She is very showy in harness! You will be proud of her. Do you know what kind of bit she is using?
Thank you very much for your compliments of her. And Dreammini I also noticed how she really gets her feet up under her. IMO she is built for that. And yes I think she will fly at a trot as she progresses.

She has used a few different bits not sure which one this is in the pictures. I know none of them have been harsh in anyway. When she finds the one that Duckie likes best I will then order it for her if I don't already own it. Maybe she will post and let you know later.

I'm hoping to make another trip up to see my girl in a couple of weeks. I'm due for some lovin from her. Sure am missing having her around here at home. Time to take a vacation from work and enjoy life for a week.

Thank you so much Dorothy and Ron for the great care you are giving my horse.

Marie

Maybe she will post and let you know later.

It's just a simple snaffle at this point. And thank you, Marie, for trusting us with your great little horse.

Latest posts

Back