Wondering How Many Wisconsin Breeders Are On The Forum?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soggy Bottom Ranch

Reaction score
Hello All,

I sometimes see the mention of "Wisconsin" in some of your user ids, or your locations listed over to the left of the posts. I'm curious to see how many of the breeders on this forum are from Wisconsin (or used to be from too), and where you are located.

I'm not officially a mini owner yet, still researching and learning, and hoping to be able to purchase before the end of fall. I'd love to visit some breeders who might be close to my area. Hubby and I are located in central Wisconsin, about an hour west of Green Bay (Shawano County).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there, I'm in Wisconsin but on the west side, high on a 500 ft bluff, I can see the Mississippi River from our farm. I'm working now, out of the house for the first time in 10 yrs so have to downsize some mares before foaling season starts. So if you're looking for mares or I have a few to be weaned yet too that I have to find homes for, all nice straight babies, check out my website. But at one time I had 48 mares, now only 22 so I've done ok, but would like to get down to about 15 mares. It's hard to let them go, you'll see how much you fall in love with them when you do get some of your own, it's hard to explain this obsession. Theres about 4 or 5 mini farms within an hour from me, you're certainly welcome to come this direction any time you want to. Use Mapquest.com to find Cochrane. Here's my site. http://www.angelfire.com/wi2/sunsetridgeminis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I am in WI, near Madison. There is going to be a show up in Shawano on the 12th and 13th of Aug, you should stop by!!

There is a wonderful section on this site called "Miniature Horse Breeders Connect" - click on this link and on the left side you'll see listings by state - there are two pages of breeders in your area!

http://www.lilbeginnings.com/breeders/

Good luck!

Liz R.

I live in amberg wi, its 70 miles north of green bay. come visit anytime, i have 2 nice weanlings who will be in need of a new home come fall. thanks nikki

I'm not a breeder, since we're scaling down, but I do have minis :bgrin .

We live between Waupun and Fond du Lac, just off hwy 151.

Our stable (link at bottom of post) is outside of Pardeeville, which is right by Portage.

Soggy Bottom Ranch - Love your farm name! Welcome to the wonderful world of mini's! I just had to reply when I noticed you are located in Shawano County. I am located in Shawano County also! Near Shawano lake actually. Small world! I am actually getting away from breeding my mini's. Wanting to concentrate on driving and showing. So will keep my geldings. I have a couple of mares and their 06 babies that I am trying to sell to accomplish that.
default_wink.png
: So in case you are interested in a couple....

Would love to meet you and chat mini's, PM me if you have time and we can talk.

Again, welcome to the mini world! Its fantastic!

Dawn

Hi Soggy Bottoms,

I am also in Wisconsin and live in Alma. We are located right along the Mississippi River.

I am also only about 10 minutes from Marnie's place. We do a lot of mini things together and help each other out whenever we can.

Would love to have you come and visit. It is always fun to show someone my minis. My website is: www.qtrrae.com

You will find that Lil' Beginnings is the best place ever to learn about the Miniature Horse!!

Hello and welcome to the forum. You will learn a lot here about minis, especially the fact that you can't have just one. We live in Minnesota, but I grew up in Wisconsin (does that count?) Actually grew up in Wittenberg which can't be too far from where you are. I was very involved in 4-H and have some great memories of showing at the Shawano County Fair
default_smile.png

I am in Wisconsin. IM over by the MN boarder though. About a hour from the twin cities. Our website is www.fantasycorral.com

greetings and welcome!

my minis i breed and show are at Pondlake Stables , also, near Pardeeville (we are a group of five that show and have fun together). We are about a half hour north of Madison in south central Wisconsin. We will be at the Shawano show so do come and visit, like Tami suggested, so you can meet everyone! we have alot of fun at the shows!

jennifer :saludando:

Hi we are in Wisconsin, also on the western side of the state, just south of La Crosse.

We love to visit and talk minis.

If you ever get a road trip to meet some minis together please stop by.

Anne

Hi from Pulaski Wisconsin! We are in Oconto county, we border Shawano county and live close to you. Would be glad to help you in any way I can. There is a Buckeye supplier close to you on Hwy 41. Also know of some good ferriors and vets close to your area too. I can't say enough about Diane and Ashley from Fantasy Corral, we have bought some beautiful, very correct miniatures from them!!!
default_smile.png

Wow :eek: it's great to hear from so many of you that are in, or moving to, Wisconsin! Dawn, I can't believe you are so close to me! We'll be talking more! Gena, where is that Buckeye supplier located? I'm off of Hwy 29. It would be nice to visit you as well, you're not that far from us. Anne, my husband works in the LaCrosse area some weeks. He was actually out there every week for nearly a year until around March. We had planned on moving out there, and then decided not to at last moment.

I've got the show in Shawano marked on my calander already! Hoping to meet many of you there! :aktion033:

Have a wonderful day!

The Shawano sanctioned show is awesome!! Glad to hear you are going! There are some wonderful people you will meet at the show! We also have a great club here, would you be interested in joining? The Buckeye supplier is located at the Abrams exit on 41 (by McDonalds). Another breeder in our area is Kathy with KA Miniatures, you should visit her! She is on the board of directors in the club and has shown for years and is the one that started the club years ago, she is a suuuuper nice person! Her website is KA Miniatures

I don't have any to sell but I do have a nice stallion for breeding (in avatar). We live just north of West Bend (sort of the Milwaukee area). Check out our website. Maybe we'll see you at Shawano.

This forum is awesome (there's a pun in there somewhere - see that's my stud's name too -Awesome)
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Hi, from another Wisconsinite. I live in Oconto County , about 1 hour north of Green Bay, so if you ever get us this way make sure you stop in. Hope to make it to the Shawano show in August, there are always alot of nice horses there. Hope to meet you soon. Corinne

Latest posts

Back