Wishing my Canadian friends a Happy Thanksgiving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
I've been busy with soaping and other things but manage to come in and browse a couple of times a week and I wanted to take this time to wish all my canadian friends here a WONDERFUL Thanskgiving weekend.

I think of all the holidays this is my favorite since I can concentrate just on cooking and not have to worry about wrapping gifts like at Christmas which can be so hectic. It's a time of year that we can truly look back and be thankful for all in our lives and sometimes even the bad things that happen because how would we learn life's lessions without them!

I hadn't seen this video in many many years. It appeared probably about 8 or more years ago but someone on my facebook shared it with me and I wanted to share it with all of you. It's a heartwarming story that I know you will all enjoy.

Happy Thanksgiving and may God bless you all

Yes, I saw that video earlier this year too! I really liked it!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
default_cheers.gif

~kathryn

Thank you very much!!! My pumpkin pies are all made and sitting on the counter, ready to go to friend's places this evening.

Tomorrow is the big Turkey dinner...and then I get to have my favourite part...leftovers!! Oh, how I love turkey and dressing sandwiches with home made cranberry sauce.
default_wub.png
Good thing there are NO CALORIES in Holiday meals.
default_laugh.png
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wink.png

Thank you very much!!! My pumpkin pies are all made and sitting on the counter, ready to go to friend's places this evening.
Tomorrow is the big Turkey dinner...and then I get to have my favourite part...leftovers!! Oh, how I love turkey and dressing sandwiches with home made cranberry sauce.
default_wub.png
Good thing there are NO CALORIES in Holiday meals.
default_laugh.png
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wink.png

Hi Sue
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif

just finished my "sucre a creme" and my pumpkin pies are also in the oven, lol. My husband has the turkey in brine at the moment. It's the only way I will cook a turkey now. It's a bit of a pain to do BUT it is always so moist and tender. I got the recipe from the chef out east as a matter of fact, MichalelSmith, awesome chef. I am making a soup right now which I will be serving in very small hollowed out pumpkins
default_biggrin.png
, it't the Martha Stewart coming out of me, lol.

My son and daughter in-law have some friends up from Newfoundland for this Thanksgiving so they won't be with us so we will be a small group this year, only 6 but that's okay as my youngest son and his fiance said, it makes more for them and they can have some of the leftovers to take home with them, FOFL.

Hugs to you and your family!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Danielle. Happy Thanksgiving to you too, as well as all other Canadians celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend! We will also be having our big clebration tomorrow, as out son and grandson are down from out of town, and will have to travel back on Monday. Will be a nice day tomorrow!
default_yes.gif

[SIZE=18pt]HAPPY THANKSGIVING [/SIZE]

to all my Canadian friends and forum family!
default_saludando.gif

[SIZE=14pt]HAPPY THANKSGIVING [/SIZE]to all our Canadian forum friends!!

I love this time of year with the dreaming of fall colors (I live in the desert), Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.. Not a lot of money to spend this year but so what! Family, friends and just the friendship with the get- togethers is what it's all about.

[SIZE=14pt]HAPPY THANKSGIVING [/SIZE]to all our Canadian forum friends!!I love this time of year with the dreaming of fall colors (I live in the desert), Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.. Not a lot of money to spend this year but so what! Family, friends and just the friendship with the get- togethers is what it's all about.

I'm with you on that one Gini, "Family, friends" truly is what is important in life.
default_wub.png
Hugs to you!!!!

Latest posts

Back