winter blanket no belly band

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lloydyne

Reaction score
I need a new lined winter blanket for my lil guy. I have one that has a belly band but if it is raining the band acts like a bowl and holds water. What are the blankets that you like? And where do you get them? I am in the NW so sometimes we have to cover the littles up.

I like the tough 1 blankets. I believe they have changed names several times, as I have collected many of them over the years and the names on the tag vary. Polar teck, polar shield, tough 1, all the same blanket. They do not have belly bands, they are surcingle closure, open fronts and have dee rings for removable elastic leg straps. They are water proof and pretty durable. I prefer the style without a back seam. You can find them many places, ebay, national bridle shop, jeffers. They are very reasonably priced. I know a lot of people who like Kensington blankets too. They are more expensive so that is why I do not have a lot of them but I like the ones that I do have. I think star lake, ozark and schneiders carry them.

I have kensington for winter. Wow, never had one hold water. I would not like that. I jyst got a Tough 1 fly sheet and really like it.

Is the belly band too tight? Not sure how one could hold water...

the belly band velcro up the side that makes a pocket.....the water runs downs inside the pocket and the under belly part is dripping wet.. I thought my horse was peeing in his stall after I took off his blanket and realized it was the waster running , not dripping, out of the blanket.

Odd. I have used a Kensington with bellyband in the POURING rain and it didn't collect water.

Latest posts

Back