WinchesterGirl30....mare getting close

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WinchesterGirl30

Reaction score
Some one help me out a bit? My girl is currently at 341 days, which for a mini is a bit over normal right? Is she getting close to foaling? I have been waiting for weeks. My mom just sent me these this afternoon. What's everyone's best guess? Her vulva looks like it's getting relaxed to me?

IMG_20150416_142335.jpg

IMG_20150416_145151.jpg

IMG_20150416_145232.jpg

Vulva relaxing and she's looking very good. Baby not lined up yet, so make sire she has good outside time to do some good rolling to line that little one up! She's doing great! Watch for rolling, personality changes or odd behaviors from her 'norm' as many times just subtle personality changes are all they show as they move to foaling. Keep us posted with pictures and what you 'see'!!

Last edited:
My barn is set up so they are free to in and out and they please so she has lots of time outside! I'm going home this weekend so hopefully she has the little one while I'm home! Thanks guys!

Sounds perfect! We'll pray she foals while you're home, but unless something has changed, I don't think it will be this weekend, but I'm happy to be proven wrong! LOL

Wow sorry I didn't know every one would get mad about it...I figured asking the same thing on another thread would make people more upset. I didn't want an on going thread just a quick opinion to see if I was on the right track sorry to upset people over that.

I'm not upset, we just want to be able to give you opinions on your special mare, so the messages you get will just be for your girl. I hope you post a new thread for her, so we can watch her and help give information for just you!!!

I'm not the least bit upset, just want to help you and your girl, so messages don't get confusing to everyone.

I'll be looking for your special thread, as she was getting pretty close, and that's exciting!!!

And we're happy to answer the 'same' question for each special girl.

Last edited:
I've stated this thread for her and posted the pictures. Some new pictures would be great! Take both down at her level... one from the back looking forward down her sides, and one a full on side shot. This will help us see how baby is riding, and when it begins making the final repositioning. If you can get a picture of her elongation, that will also help. That way we won't confuse your special girl with any other, and hopefully we can get a good guess on when she's so close you shouldn't leave her unattended.

Last edited:
Me too I think she looks great . How is she today ? A couple of good rolls will help to get baby lined up .
default_smile.png

Well again that was 3 days ago I haven't got picture up dates since I was home Sunday.

Have them let you know if she goes slab-sided, but thinking you have a respite.

So poking out on both sides means we have to wait until she becomes slab sided. Then the baby lines up in the middle. About how long after slab sided until she lines up? She is definitely wide. She may topple over when she gets slab sided. Lol

Latest posts

Back