Will you all please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chamomile

Reaction score
I just finished building this site and would like some opinions about it...

Is it too confusing with all the link buttons?

Are the background colors too busy?

Please tell me anything and everything you would change so I can make it as wonderful as possible! Thanks guys!

Ladybug Farm

Well a few things. Your off to a good start. If your looking for a professional look, I would start by picking one color background and sticking to it. I keep feeling like I'm looking at 3 different sites with all the background changes. Try adding some home buttons so that it brings you back to the directory of your website. or put a directory of all the links on each page, that way you don't have to go back to the main page to view the other pages. The photography slideshow could be centered on the page. (Lovely photos by the way)
default_yes.gif

Hope this helps you and hope to see the changes you make. If you need some additional help I'd be glad to offer some help, although I've never worked with tripod. Only my own private hosting and domain.

I wonder if you could use a rollover button or color effect on the 3 words below the logo on the home page (stallions, photography, etc.). Maybe I'm just a little slow :DOH! but I didn't know for sure where to click to get to the next page at first, and I think if those words reacted to the mouse it'd be more clear.

Hi Mindy
default_saludando.gif
...I enjoyed your website and the pics and driving write up. I like your background on your pages too. On my computer when I click onto the pages what comes up is not centered....it's more toward the left hand side of my screen. Also I was reading and enjoying your driving page. One thing I would do is have a seperate table for your business charges and spell out what you do that way. This separates it a bit more and for someone who would be reading and liking what they read about your horses and the driving, they could easily find the chart of what you offer to the public listing. Loved all the puppies too!

I agree with much of what's already been said. I also suggest you pay to get those ads off of the site.

Thanks all! I appreciate all the ideas. I'll start working on all the things today.

For some reason I just can not get the pages to center. I've been working and working and at it and they all seem to be to the left. Shrug... I guess they will have to stay that way for now!

And the ads... I will upgrade, it's just not finished yet and I still have my old site up and running without ads. I'm still using the old site for advertising and don't want to pay for two right now. But when the new site is done, then I'll switch everything over.

I'm changing the backgrounds. I kind of thought I would need to, but had different opinions here at home, so wanted to see what the majority thought on here
default_biggrin.png

I'll work on separating the prices from the write ups as well.

Thanks for all the ideas! Keep em coming!!
default_aktion033.gif

Okay one more question... of these two sites, which do you guys like better??

Ladybug Farm Site 1 (This is my old site)

Ladybug Farm Site 2 (This is the new one...)

Last edited by a moderator:
They're both nice...but I like the format of your first one a little better. Wonder why they're not centered tho...both of them won't center on my screen.

I like the first one over the second one, but there are things I like on the second that I think would look nice combined with the first one.
default_wink.png

Back